Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I buy this Glock 34?

dcrosle1

A guy on Armslist offered to sell me his Glock 34 gen3 for $525. He said it has about 400-500 rounds through it claims that it has never had a malfunction. It may be an older one due to the moon shaped cut on the bottom of the frame where the mag is.

Should I buy it? I've never bought a used gun off somebody, let alone somebody I didn't know but the price seems good. I was originally planning to buy a new gen4, but wouldn't mind the gen3.

Thanks

If that price is with shipping included yeah. The gen 4's are junk.

With approximately 100,000 rounds through Gen 4 Glocks with ZERO ISSUES I think they are the best Glocks ever made.

I'm with this guy. I have 2 Gen4 G34s I run for Production and 3Gun and I have done trigger work, sights and they run great. Going to be respringing them after xmas.

Good for you. My 4 gen4's were junk. I'm not here to defend my comments to you. Like you I am offering my opinion, I don't care if you don't agree..

Try to stay on topic, is it a fair price for this gentleman to pay for the firearm?

Glocks have always had a superb reputation. Both my father and brother have one as their primary pistol at my recommendation. But since I prefer a single action, I don't own a Glock and don't know what a good price is for one.

I need to shoot more since some of these guys on this thread are racking up 20K-25K rounds a year. The gen 4 was introduced at the 2010 Shot Show, wasn't it?

I have a Glock 34 Gen 3 and have NO experience with gen 4's. That said, I think that, unless it comes with 4-5 mags (preferably 17 rounders) $525 seems a little high priced unless (as someone said above) shipping is included. If shipping is not included then, to me, $425 - $475 seems a more realistic price. But then opininons are like backsides...everyones got one and they all stink.

Depends on where you're shopping....

Around the Northeast, the going rate for a new 34 seems to be ~ $675.......

That said my personal pricing barometer for buying a used one starts at $450 for the gun, and then goes up depending on features/modifications that I would make. Reversible features that I wouldn't make, or don't need -- like magazines -- would add no value to the gun.....

Permanent modifications that I wouldn't want to commit to, or that would render the gun unsuitable for Production Division, would have me valuing the base gun at $250....

No ! Spend $60 for a two year membership to GSSF and get a coupon for a gun. I just bought a Gen 4 G34 for $480 with the coupon....$540 total if you include the total price of the membership. I wouldn't buy a used gun from anybody. Then again I don't buy used cars either.

Guns are an expensive hobby. Suck it up and get a new one. You'll spend 10-20 times as much on ammunition as you're talking about here. Not to mention somewhere to shoot the darn thing and entry fees for competition if you do that sort of stuff.

This is just my opinion. My Gen4 runs great. It sounds like the gun offered maybe be a Gen2.5, if you can see a photo, how many pjns does it have? That can affect some aftermarket parts.

Price sounds a little high considering you can join GSSF, or buy a Glock Certificate from a BENOS member and spend around the same amount for a new Glock 34 Gen3 or Gen4.

Good for you. My 4 gen4's were junk. I'm not here to defend my comments to you. Like you I am offering my opinion, I don't care if you don't agree..

Try to stay on topic, is it a fair price for this gentleman to pay for the firearm?

Sounds like too much coffee or something....

That's not a bad deal but it's not great either. I agree that you may find new for just a few bucks more. Black Friday is coming up too. I'd wait to see if there are any deals just in case. You may get a new one for sale this week that'll be a better deal.

Edited by Richc2048

This is just my opinion. My Gen4 runs great. It sounds like the gun offered maybe be a Gen2.5, if you can see a photo, how many pjns does it have? That can affect some aftermarket parts.

Price sounds a little high considering you can join GSSF, or buy a Glock Certificate from a BENOS member and spend around the same amount for a new Glock 34 Gen3 or Gen4.

For what its worth, I've cracked a slide on a Gen 2.5 (2 pin lower) G34. Glock fixed it, but we compared it to a three pin gun, and figured that the 2.5 slides were absorbing a lot of recoil energy right at the front of the loading port -- where it cracked....