Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any input before I send my 34 to Zev?

SERVED_USMC

Im wanting to send them my 34 and have the slide machined and frame work done with their fulcrum trigger.

Any input from anyone, good or bad, before I spend the $1100 and ship it off to them? Im looking for any personal experience with their builds, customer service, etc..

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Zev triggers. All my Glocks have them.

They're stippling is nice. Had them do one of my guns, but stippling is easy and cheap to do yourself.

Ive shot stock 24 slides back to back with Zev lighten slides and didn't like the way they felt. They look awesome, but it recoiled more/differently.

1100 is a lot to spend on a Glock to have the coolest one at the range, but if thats what you are into knock yourself out....

you could spend like 400 and get pretty close on your own

Im wanting to send them my 34 and have the slide machined and frame work done with their fulcrum trigger.

Any input from anyone, good or bad, before I spend the $1100 and ship it off to them? Im looking for any personal experience with their builds, customer service, etc..

Thank you in advance.

I don't have experience with a ZEV34, but my ZEV17 is awesome. It looks awesome, it shoots fast and flat, and has an awesome trigger for a Glock!!

Thank you in advance.

I have some decent advice... Don't! Lol. You can spend a fraction of that and make your glock look FANTASTICALLY better than what ZEV does. Yes, their machining is really nice, but a bunch of companies do exceptional machining. And the zev machining is still cookie cutter ish. Tuebor precision or DP custom works for your slide, get something awesome! And I'd use Damato custom stippling, Boresight solutions, SSVI LLC, or Glock Prazision for your framework. You can find them all on Instagram... Much cheaper than Zev, and an EXTREMELY cleaner look for the frame. Also, if you check out the "Modern Day Mjolnir" by SSVI LLC, you'll probably forget about zev. Good luck sir!

I like Zev triggers. All my Glocks have them.

They're stippling is nice. Had them do one of my guns, but stippling is easy and cheap to do yourself.

I actually think the Zev trigger setup is mediocre, cool looking, but you can by a connector, comp spring kit and a GlockMade trigger for under $60, and have a fantastic trigger.

Also, stippling is "easy and "cheap". But for really good looking custom high end stippling, you have to pay some dollars. I really dislike the stippling work of Zev and Salient, for so much money it looks super cheap. Check out some of the top tier guys work, mind blowing.

I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy but it seems to me that your Glock will stand out more if you spend your money learning to shoot it better than anybody in your immediate peer group. Results will draw attention. Decoration is just window dressing not too likely to impress anybody who actually can shoot.

That said, I believe everyone should spend their money as they wish without regard to any stupid thing I might think. If you decide to go through with this as described, I wish you the best. I do agree with several others that a cheaper and/or better job can be had.

I have a block with TTI parts for very cheap and I bought one that had a Zev trigger in it. I can tell very little difference in the two when dry firing, and zero during live fire.

The machining does look cool, but if you are going to spend that kind of cash, sell the glock and put that cash with it and buy a cool looking used STI.

Why would you ruin a perfectly good gun?

Honestly that was my reaction also. I guess I was trying to be nicer than usual. However, I do believe people should be able to spend their money the way they choose. I don't like the look at all. In my case the good old black Glock 34 with all sorts of holster wear looks a lot better.

I love mine. It does cycle quicker and more "violent" but it is flatter. I had the fulcrum ultimate prior to the Dragon fly slide and it was good but when I used it with the ZEV slide it's awesome. I have no idea how or why. It's about 2lbs very crisp short reset and almost none pre travel. And zero light primer strikes......but this is their aftermarket slide that has tighter tolerances than a factory glock slide....

6cbe008bf3da80983da42d7cd7e92f56.jpg

e4da4b7583e336359267ed875e473055.jpg

But I think the stippled grip is even better. Fits my hand like a glove and no slippy slippy. I believe I ordered to 50% backstrap reduction and double undercut the trigger guard.

Edited by 3djedi

People spend all this time trying to cobble together parts that function "like" a zev but in the end just spend once, cry once. I don't need my slide to cycle any faster, but if I did I'd run a zev slide. All those others are just late to the game trying to catch up..

I've been impressed with the quality of my ZEV and though they may be expensive compared to a stock Glock, they are less than Salient. Not to mention, that of all the ones I've handled, they seem to be very consistent.

I spent some time on SSVI's Facebook yesterday and his stuff looks neat and is definitely different. I'd be curious to try one of his triggers when he get them into production.

I've been impressed with the quality of my ZEV and though they may be expensive compared to a stock Glock, they are less than Salient. Not to mention, that of all the ones I've handled, they seem to be very consistent.

I spent some time on SSVI's Facebook yesterday and his stuff looks neat and is definitely different. I'd be curious to try one of his triggers when he get them into production.

I am not into Pretty Pistols but those are some of the Ugliest Glocks I have ever seen.

I am not into Pretty Pistols but those are some of the Ugliest Glocks I have ever seen.

:D

My advice, no questions asked, send the gun to Salient. I have a really nice Zev 24, and used to recommend them a lot. Performance wise, from Zev, you'll get a lightened slide and stippled gun, with an ok trigger, but thats it. And as you see there are a lot of places out there who do that now. They have their own signature cuts in the slide.

I have two Salients, a 24 and 17L, the difference is night and day comparing them to Zev, especially in the triggers. Salient by far has the best Glock trigger, and its truly a finished gun. From the truing of frame, and the tighter fit you get, even with the factory barrel they TiN coated I'm getting better accuracy than that of my fitted KKM barrel in my Zev 24. If you notice in the pictures my Zev gun doesn't have the Zev trigger anymore...

The one thing I will give Zev, if you want a silica carbide grip job, they do good work. I like Salient's regular stipple better than Zev's, but if you want silica carbide I'd send the frame to Zev. Thats the permanent sandpaper stuff they press into resin on the grip. The gun won't move in your hand no matter how sweaty you get, but boy will it tear your shirt up on your holster side :)

post-26153-0-23466500-1416683232_thumb.j

post-26153-0-55760200-1416683255_thumb.j

Edited by lee blackman