Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any input before I send my 34 to Zev?

SERVED_USMC

They are not cheap. I sent my G34 slide to them for a STS cut. They turned a $165 charge into $230 in a blink. Added a deburr fee, re-blue fee and $30 return shipping fee.

They do good work and the customer service is good.

20141121_194325_resized.jpg

Now that is a good looking Glock!

Edited by skeeljc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have their dragonfly slide and magwell on a glock mainly because I won them at a prize table. It is a good looking slide and I like how it feels when it recoils. For the grip, I am not a fan as they use the larger tool to cover the area so I just don't like the look as much as others. I have felt theirs as well as others and be best feeling one was the mod1 stipple that pike does. I have had one glock done by him and plan to have this one done as well

15 replies. 1 from someone who has owned or shot a zev gun. Funny.

I had a Zev 17... It was the expensive pistol I bought before I really knew. Also, salient triggers are fantastic... But still have crappy stippling.

The SSVI pistols are crazy, and a little over the top for someone who leans towards the conservative side, but well, that's preference. If a person wants to Zev a glock, me showing them SSVI, Glock Prazision, and Boresight Makes much mor sense than the "why would you ruin a glock" or "sell it and buy an STI" comments. Some people want cool looking, custom Glocks. Not sti's. And not factory looking.

It's like when someone supercharges and customizes a civic, and someone says "you could have just sold the civic and spent the money on a 2008 'vette... Well, what fun would that be?!752088243190b89ffe263d2679edd8a1.jpg

I like that better than any STI I've seen, but that's my personal preference.

I like Glocks great start @ $550.00 into gun competition, but dumping twice over what you paid for the gun originally Makes 0 cent's to me (it will always be a Glock), With $1100.00 you could buy yourself 2 more new glocks was my point, but you asked :rolleyes:

If it's worth anything, I'm seriously considering moving a perfectly reliable 2011 to move back into glock. It's all about what you like. Many of those who like Glocks value simplicity, some value the glock platform but still enjoy the chop shop mentality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, don't forget, we live in the USA! People put "rims" on everything. If you want to be the ol' grump who thinks it shouldn't be messed with, go ahead... Those are the same people who talk shit because I'm brown with tattoos at the range... I still don't get why people get so caught up with what other people want to do... The guy wants to Zev his gun... Other people showed him different companies that do similar stuff.... Just giving options... Telling him to buy more glocks that are stock?! You obviously don't get it. Should I lower my denali and put 24's on it, with custom paint and airbag suspension ? No... I'll just buy another denali... Because THATS cool. :-/

I'll bite, how about another firearm all together. I know someone mentioned a S_I. I've bought exclusively Glock for sometime now. I was looking at getting a Dragonfly or something similar for a limited gun or even trying to build an open gun. Well I shot a CZ the other day, plans have changed. I looked at other plastic pistols and didn't like them. I like 1911s but didn't want to invest several thousand for one pistol. Just a thought to try several others, find some you haven't tried.

I'll bite, how about another firearm all together. I know someone mentioned a S_I. I've bought exclusively Glock for sometime now. I was looking at getting a Dragonfly or something similar for a limited gun or even trying to build an open gun. Well I shot a CZ the other day, plans have changed. I looked at other plastic pistols and didn't like them. I like 1911s but didn't want to invest several thousand for one pistol. Just a thought to try several others, find some you haven't tried.

Try a tanfoglio before you buy a CZ if you can.

Not sure WHY were getting so personally effected buy the OP question ? He wanted advice from other's , and from his question its more about FUNCTION for his money. $1100.00 for coolness, but reliability, and speed is what wins. Younger guy's can get grumpy to (hint, hint)

Well.....lots of interesting opinions here and I appreciate every one of them.

I already have a custom built 2011 in .40 that Ive used for USPSA, Steel, and multigun for the last few years and I love it and will likely have another one built in the next year or two. Im wanting to try something different. If I hate it, then I will keep it and still go with another 2011. I carry a Glock and own a lot of them. I know them inside and out and can pick up any one of them and shoot it like it should be.

Some of the best shooters, in multiple disciplines, can run a Glock better than most can run a custom STI. The brand means nothing. I pulled a Gen3 34 off of the rack today that I decided will be the "donor" gun. The Gen4 guns seem to have less options when its comes to magwells and frame work.

As of now, I plan to send the slide of for machine work and will do the frame myself. It's winter, its cold, it sucks and I dont have anything else to do so it will be a fun project. I was going to go with the Salient trigger, but after calling them they claim I have to pay for an entire package and cant purchase the trigger separately. I suppose that is there prerogative, but they wont be getting any money from me.

Well, I do tend to agree with you. Some people shoot Glocks better than 1911 platform pistols. I watched a low D shooter run a stock G22 faster than most others shooting 1911s at a match on Can You Count.....including me!!

I still say ZEV and that doesn't shock me about Salient.

Read this about triggers..

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=197821&page=3&hl=%2Bglock+%2Btrigger+%2Bupgrade#entry2284237

I have two guns that have frame work done by Zev. I havent had any slide work done yet. I almost did but changed my mind at the last minute.

As far as the quality of the work done to my guns I am satisfied with how the guns turned out but with that said, I wont be sending another gun to Zev in the future. With both guns I had some issues with how things were handled that bothered me enough that in the future I will be looking to another company for any custom work.

I tried to get work done by them. Took several emails and took two weeks to get a response. If they were that way when I'm trying to send money how bad would it be after they received it? He did apologize after I sent a complaint but I've found others by now.

Rather than send them a donor gun, have a full build done its cheaper because the only thing of yours that gets used is the frame. Their frames are only $165, at least that way you are not sitting on half a gun. I have a zev 17, 35, and 24, call and talk to them and have them build what you want. A 35 or 24 with a 9mm conversion barrel, which is basically a 9mm bull barrel has some weight forward on the muzzle that controls the flip or rise to keep the sights flat . Just my .02 but don't let them chop your gun, just buy another.

I tried to get work done by them. Took several emails and took two weeks to get a response. If they were that way when I'm trying to send money how bad would it be after they received it? He did apologize after I sent a complaint but I've found others by now.

I had the opposite experience. They answered all of my questions when I emailed them and I called to order and talked through everything with the guy. He was friendly and helpful. Still waiting on delivery. Should be getting close.

I had the opposite experience. They answered all of my questions when I emailed them and I called to order and talked through everything with the guy. He was friendly and helpful. Still waiting on delivery. Should be getting close.

I had the same experience as you when I got my 34 frame stippled. Nice, good communication by email and phone, kept me up to date through the process.

Great experience with my stuff. You have to call though...... Don't try email..

I did call at first. They responded. Asked me to email him the slide cuts that I wanted. I sent it several times and didn't hear back even after checking several times. He didn't respond until I told him to forget about the frames I wanted done. Glad yall were happy though. I'll still order their parts no hard feelings. Just will use others for smithing etc.

• 1 month later...

Rather than send them a donor gun, have a full build done its cheaper because the only thing of yours that gets used is the frame. Their frames are only $165, at least that way you are not sitting on half a gun. I have a zev 17, 35, and 24, call and talk to them and have them build what you want. A 35 or 24 with a 9mm conversion barrel, which is basically a 9mm bull barrel has some weight forward on the muzzle that controls the flip or rise to keep the sights flat . Just my .02 but don't let them chop your gun, just buy another.

This is what I ended up doing for my G19 build. Rather than send them my pistol, I went with a full G19 build with a Trilobite Slide and ZEV match grade barrel.

This is what I ended up doing for my G19 build. Rather than send them my pistol, I went with a full G19 build with a Trilobite Slide and ZEV match grade barrel.
So do you think they will fit the barrel to the slide or is it just a drop in type?