Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Race Holster or DOH ?

kalaikanui

Hi all,

Just picked up an STI EDGE from a forum member and need a holster for running L-10 and LIM. Looking at the DAA Racemaster and or the Drop Offset Type [bladetech].

What do your collective voices of experience recomend? Also, while looking at the DAA's they list two type of blocks for the plastic body STI: the "Traditional" and the Magnectic", Which do I want?????

Thanks,

Edited by kalaikanui

Dry fire and regular match use will mar the finish on your gun in a drop offset type holster.

Get the DAA Racemaster with the magnetic block and you will never find your gun on the ground unless YOU drop it. You can't mar the finish in one of these type of holsters either. The Ultimate Ghost is similar and a little cheaper but having used both, the DAA is a superior product.

I have the DAA traditional and I am about to upgrade the block to the magnetic block.

Edited by JMike

Hello: I have both but have been using the DOH since I have been shooting limited recently. It is more secure and seems to be just as fast as the Racemaster. I have a friend who can do sub 1 second draws with the DOH and a STI Edge at 7 yards. The Racmaster has the cool factor and is secure but I find I can get more aggressive with the draw with the DOH. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

I recently had to use a DOH Bladetech for a match instead of my usual CR Speed race holster...

With EVERY draw, I missed that CR Speed holster more and more!

The Bladetech can be very fast, but for me personally it doesn't even come close to the speed and ease of draw, or the consistency of the draw that I get from my CR Speed holster. YMMV.

So based on the feedback from this thread and another in this forum... the consensus is DAA Racemaster with magnectic block for a STI Edge with the plastic grip/guard. Gonna have to place my order....

Thanks all !!!

I would agree. If you want to check out one with a magnet I will be at iron sights on Thursday and Pala Saturday.

I have a Racemaster for limited primarily because I need one for open and use the same rig. For 3 gun I am using a retention holster. For a kydex, the best of both worlds is "the boss" holster ben stoeger sells. It's adjustable and is more solid than the Doh holster.