Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Makers

krang

14 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Sucks that the Ghost doesn't fit Caniks.

The Hydra P and P+ are IPSC race holsters with a shroud (which doesn't even touch the pistol) to make them USPSA legal for Production and CO.  The pistol's trigger guard is the only thing that touches the holster.

Superior in every way to any kydex gun bucket.

I would definitely be interested to try one but I’ve never felt like my kydex holster has held me back. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

I would definitely be interested to try one but I’ve never felt like my kydex holster has held me back. 

While I admit that it is a minor thing, these production legal race holsters are nicer to draw from.

More importantly for me, the Ghost holster attachment system allows adjustment in planes that are impossible to adjust with the BOSS and similar hangers that everyone uses with kydex gun buckets.  And let me tell you it makes a significant difference in the ease of getting an ideal grip.

• 3 months later...
On 12/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

While I admit that it is a minor thing, these production legal race holsters are nicer to draw from.

More importantly for me, the Ghost holster attachment system allows adjustment in planes that are impossible to adjust with the BOSS and similar hangers that everyone uses with kydex gun buckets.  And let me tell you it makes a significant difference in the ease of getting an ideal grip.

Totally agree.  I had the Ghost Hydra P+ or whatever, and the DAA Max at the same time.  I settled on the DAA, because I couldn't get over the terrible Ghost belt attachment.  There was too much wiggle for me.  Since then though, RangePanda has come out with their own version which looks great.  It's not worth switching for me, but I'd likely go that route if I were starting that journey again.  The Ghost had zero resistance when drawing the gun.  It was like a bucket with a lock on it.  The DAA took some work to get it almost as smooth as the Ghost, but the DAA belt attachment is miles ahead of the Ghost.

• 2 months later...