Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta/Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical

Andreas

I ordered 2 Wilson Brigadier's and waited 4 months. One for me and one for my brother. Mine shoots zero at 30 feet and his is off almost 3 inches low left at the same distance no matter who is shooting the gun, benched or freestyle.What sucks is the fact my brother called Wilson and asked them about sending it back to them to get it to zero and they gave him the heave ho. "Don't send it to us, we didn't build it, it needs to go to Beretta."

We paid extra to have trigger jobs on both those guns, and their saying that they are not backing up the gun. I also sent an email to Bill Wilson along with a contact their that gladly took my $3000 in credit card charges, but neither of them responded. Customer service.....NOT.

I do like mine, however my brothers is a turd.

Wilson is the distributor; the warranty is through Beretta. Bill doesn't run the business day to day...he's semi-retired. His son runs things now.

Have you tried swapping barrels between the two guns? Or, swap complete uppers? Other issue could be that the sights are off somehow.

I'm doing the swap wed night on the uppers/barrel. I still think its lame that they don't stand behind it. Its the Wilson name that they were selling. But i guess my brother is just one of the few who got hosed by the limited edition run of guns of 500 which is now at 5000 guns. Life is good, especially if you don't need to warranty your named product, just count the dollars. We completely understand that Beretta made the guns to Wilson specs, but not even the trigger job is from Wilson.

FYI, Beretta said if the was withing 3.5 inches at 25 yards they wouldn't do anything for him. Once again, heave ho!

The trigger job is from Wilson. The kit is a new trigger bar, lighter springs and some basic clean up on the sear.

The production run was never 500...it was always 1000. First batch was 500....second batch to follow. I'm also disappointed that its become a standing model now as I was lucky enough to get two in the first 1000 and thought I'd hold onto one to collect. Ended up selling it to another enthusiast b/c it was sequential to one he got and he wanted one for his brother.

I initially resisted the call of the WIlson Brig, and just bought a regular Brigadier. But, I kept seeing them online, and I could resist no me. I bought one last year

I tried to like the rear sight. I really wish it had a small dot on the rear sight, though... Like Straight 8 type sights. I also didn't care for the curved sight channel - I prefer it squared off.

I finally sent my slide off to Trijicon, and I had them install a normal 2 dot rear tritium sight. I got it back last week, and I shot the gun on Fri and Sat. I like it much more now. I also swapped out the grips...

Brig-888_zpsto2nxku0.jpg

Edited by ShipWreck

I'm doing the swap wed night on the uppers/barrel. I still think its lame that they don't stand behind it. Its the Wilson name that they were selling. But i guess my brother is just one of the few who got hosed by the limited edition run of guns of 500 which is now at 5000 guns. Life is good, especially if you don't need to warranty your named product, just count the dollars. We completely understand that Beretta made the guns to Wilson specs, but not even the trigger job is from Wilson.

FYI, Beretta said if the was withing 3.5 inches at 25 yards they wouldn't do anything for him. Once again, heave ho!

Wow - sorry to hear that...

Beretta USA does the trigger jobs when through order. You actually have to get the gun, then send it to Wilson for one of their full trigger jobs with the new trigger bar.

Regarding the sights: some variation is the norm... For example, One of mine shoots tighter groups than the other.

Putting a slightly taller RS is possible: Novak and Wilson both make taller sights.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm closing in on 5000 rounds through mine since I got it earlier this year. I'm a huge fan. Mine is a no mag-guide and no trigger job model. I shoot the M9 in military competitions, so I didn't want the trigger to be too nice and spoil me. This is a great pistol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2016 at 0:19 PM, apetrulis01 said:

How much better is the trigger when sent to Wilson?

Thanks, 

Adam

It is really nice!

Make sure to ask for the WC trigger bar - it just last longer... 

"Bucket" (aka Jared) does an amazing job... 

• 3 months later...