Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back Up Gun

Sarge

I'm finally in a position to get another Open gun built and finally end up with a true back up gun and have a few questions.

I understand that ideally, the gun should be as near to identical as possible. But I'm not that big of a player in the game that I will win the Nationals any time soon. I'm wondering if this is the time to do some slight changes that I may have been thinking of doing if I ever got another gun built. Nothing major though. Gun will still be 9MAJOR full size Cheely Custom. Thinking of Swenson safety, one piece Trubore barrel and comp cut with Matt's comp.

Thoughts? I realize the steel comp would alter the weight a little compared to ti comp on my gun now.

Thanks

If you want to try something different call Matt and discuss the changes and ask his opinion. He can tell you what your changes will do compared to what you have. Tell him the reason you are thinking of making the changes and what you want the end result to be. Then listen to his explanations and recommendations. Then build it the way you want to build it weighing all the information you get.

Hello: I would build a different setup than the gun you are shooting now. Why have 2 guns the same when you can just carry some spares for one gun. I would play with weights and setup on your new build. Heavier slide with more weight forward or lighter slide. I would still use a full length gun. Thanks, Eric