Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salomon shoes- any good for running?

Dr Mitch

Solomon makes regular running shoes too. I have a pair. I can look and see what model they are if you want. I have never run in them. I just bought them because i needed everyday sneakers and my speedcross 3s were pretty comfortable so I figured these would be too.

edit: found them online. I guess they are hiking shoes but they are like any running shoes i have ever owned. http://www.dsw.com/shoe/salomon+rawson+hiking+shoe?prodId=299607&productRef=SEARCH

Edited by darkvibe

Think truck tires...you wouldn't get the same tires for a 50-mile-each-way freeway commute that you'd get for off-roading. Same with running shoes. Are you talking about trail running, or concrete, or ?

If you're talking about trail running, then yes, they're a fine choice, imo.

Salomon makes several great trail shoes for all types of running gaits. If you're looking for road shoes it's tough to beat brooks or asics. Go to a specialty running store to get fit for your first pair then check out online retailers like running warehouse.com for decent prices....good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear the Merrell Reflex shoes pretty much all day. I had plantar fasciitis about 3 years ago and tried them for some help with that. Awesome shoe with plenty of cushion and plenty of rubber on the bottom. I bought a pair of Speedcross 3's because I was looking for something lighter. They are very light compared to the Merrell's. They also provide great cushion and for me even more stability. They do wear very quickly though. I wore two of the rubber nubs almost completely off on the outside front of the shoe in about two months. So I stopped wearing them daily, but for just trail running they should be ok. I think they'll still wear pretty quick. As someone suggested above, maybe try a different model of Salomon. The difficult part for me in choosing them was that no-one carries them locally.

The speedcross and Fellraiser Salomons are great for trail running/hiking, and obviously shooting sports. When I go hiking out here I use Nike ACG's, but if you're talking about fast paced movement, nothing beats the Salomon line of shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

I purchased a pair of Salomon shoes and I like them and hate them. I get great traction with them, but since they only come in medium width my wide feet are killing me at the end of a match. I have since stop wearing them.

For people with wide feet:

I stopped wearing Salomon because their shoes are typically very narrow with very small toe box. I started to develop big toe pain after a couple months since I started wearing SpeedCross. I then ordered the Salomon FellRaiser which has 2E (extra wide) but still did not work. Finally I tried with New Balance 1210V2 (Leadville). It has so much better cushion with thick sole and also offers 4E. Very roomy and comfortable. No pain at all after a couple 12-hour matches.

I recently also tried the Asics Sonoma that is a very inexpensive trail running shoe (only $50) but with great 4E roomy toe box. It's cushion isn't as good as the Nimbus but I have worn it to a local club match and very comfortable after 8 hours. My most favorite running shoe is still the Asics Nimbus with 4E - I'd only run marathon/half with Nimbus.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Salomons are great for shooting *if they fit your feet. They are medium-aggressive tread, not as aggressive as a cleat, but much easier on your feet and legs. Football/baseball cleats really wear me out by the end of a long match.

Would recommend going with Asics for running.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I wear Salomon Speedcross 3's for my obstacle course racing and they're awesome! I'll certainly be trying them for USPSA shooting since they have a nice and aggressive tread that I would think would help greatly in a match. I have some Asic FujiRunnegade's as well that might work too and provide a bit more cushion to the feet for all the standing around we do between shooting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...