John Wick

candiru

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I happened to catch about the last hour and a half or so last night on HBO.

I pleasantly surprised, for some reason I had in my mind that the movie sucked, so I had no intention at all to waste my time on it. But now I want to go didn't it and watch the beginning also.

The gun handling was the best I have seen in a movie. Of course it was certainly Hollywood, but nice to see he actually tries to use good gun handling skills.

I pleasantly surprised, for some reason I had in my mind that the movie sucked, so I had no intention at all to waste my time on it. But now I want to go didn't it and watch the beginning also.

The gun handling was the best I have seen in a movie. Of course it was certainly Hollywood, but nice to see he actually tries to use good gun handling skills.

Pretty sure we can thank Taran Butler for that. Not sure about this movie, but I know Taran is training Keanu for John Wick 2. I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in the original production as well.

Pretty sure we can thank Taran Butler for that. Not sure about this movie, but I know Taran is training Keanu for John Wick 2. I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in the original production as well.

Check post #10.

Check post #10.

Well at least Taran is involved with part 2

I will admit first that this is my favorite movie currently. Or definitely too 5. Not just the gun handling, I think the "world" they've creating is inventive and interesting leaving more possibilities. The directors are new, their first movie, and they tried to pay a lot of attention to detail (google john wick watches and read the article regarding just the effort they went to w something that's hardly in the movie).

I like them showing him run empty, instead of having infinity clips like so many movies. I also like when he goes to kill the main target and the kid starts sniveling and there's no discussion, just BAM mid sentence.

I own it and have watched half a dozen times, only saw the dog scene once, I walk out I the room every time now (if watching alone I skip it)

I tell friends that haven't seen me shoot that I'm just like john wick.

Side note, my stepdad owned a genuine 69 boss 429 till 73 (yes he regrets selling it sometimes)

Red

• 4 weeks later...

I own it and have watched half a dozen times, only saw the dog scene once, I walk out I the room every time now (if watching alone I skip it)

Currently watching it (again) and I switch channels and come back after the scene is over. Once was enough. Paying in gold is cool. Everybody wants gold!

just got in from seeing it. lot's of killing. decent cars, although it's a typical movie in Hollywood getting car types wrong. it's either a 1970 Mustang CJ, or Mach 1, not a 69 Boss 429 and the 1971 or 72 Chevelle SS when driven out of the garage becomes a 1970 chevelle SS later in the movie. it's a 71 or 72, because the only way to tell the difference to look at the actual title to see what year it is. I know muscle cars from working with a friend in the early 90's who brokered them when he retired. got to drive a lot of rare cars before they became expensive.

opps, im wrong, it is a 69 mustang, 70 only has 2 headlights. still not a boss

The front turn signal/parking lights are split on a '71 and solid on a 72.

post-180-0-94968700-1441300960_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-94721800-1441301012_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...