John Wick

candiru

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just got in from seeing it. lot's of killing. decent cars, although it's a typical movie in Hollywood getting car types wrong. it's either a 1970 Mustang CJ, or Mach 1, not a 69 Boss 429 and the 1971 or 72 Chevelle SS when driven out of the garage becomes a 1970 chevelle SS later in the movie. it's a 71 or 72, because the only way to tell the difference to look at the actual title to see what year it is. I know muscle cars from working with a friend in the early 90's who brokered them when he retired. got to drive a lot of rare cars before they became expensive.

opps, im wrong, it is a 69 mustang, 70 only has 2 headlights. still not a boss

Edited by JohnRodriguez

Great movie. Best gun handling I've ever seen in a movie. I really enjoyed this movie a lot.

I loved the movie Heat and the running gun battle,........this is a bit different. This is almost exclusively up close handgun work with semiautos.

The premise is nothing new, ex-hitman dragged back into the game.

Good cast, not much talking, all out action with guns.

Someone really good with a handgun trained Reeves.........Taran?

Saw the movie last night and thought it was awesome. As far as action movies go, the body count was huge! Reeves was super in the gun handling department and if you watch closely it appears that when he does the kill(s) he usually uses 2 to center mass and one to the think tank. I'd definitely go see it again.

Great movie. Best gun handling I've ever seen in a movie. I really enjoyed this movie a lot.

I loved the movie Heat and the running gun battle,........this is a bit different. This is almost exclusively up close handgun work with semiautos.

The premise is nothing new, ex-hitman dragged back into the game.

Good cast, not much talking, all out action with guns.

Someone really good with a handgun trained Reeves.........Taran?

We liked it. It was mindless action, not a lot of plot. Wish we could have trained Reeves, other than that weird little ' turn the gun at a 45 degree angle to your chin and point shoot while pushing the gun out like you're throwing the bullets at them '. The rifle sling scene was pretty cool.

• 1 month later...

I don't expect much from gun handling via hollywood, so I usually just 'suspend disbelief' and enjoy.

I noticed that

- that was one FULL SERVICE hotel

- Keanu remembers how to reload ;-)

- The scene with Ms Perkins and the 4 enforcers from the hotel looks like there would have been some shoot-thru casualties with real ammo.... :-(

and, loved David Patrick Kelly's bits as the 'cleaner'.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw it last night............I liked the concept of picking up the phone and making dinner reservations for 12...then having the "cleaning company" show up to get rid of all evidence....now that is customer service I can appreciate. Because doing it yourself after you created the mess is just so tiresome.......

Yeah, I would love for Taran to get some time with Mr. Reeves before his next movie where he uses firearms too......We can all dream.

• 4 weeks later...

It's too bad that this wasn't more heavily promoted when it was on the big screen. Wife and I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Great supporting cast. Simple plot but well choreographed action scenes. I enjoyed the smooth transitions during the up close gun handling. Can't believe the initial hit squad went in with pistols instead of rifles and/or shotguns. I was happy to see what the steep penalty for breaking the rules of the Continental was. Ms. Perkins was a sleezeball.

• 3 weeks later...

Russian priest-"Do you know who you're f***king with?"

John Wick-"Yes, yes I do."

I loved it!!!!!!

and +1million on "Way of the Gun", if only for the parking lot scene outside the club. Outstanding. Sarah Silverman shoulda got an oscar :)

• 2 months later...

Russian priest-"Do you know who you're f***king with?"

John Wick-"Yes, yes I do."

I loved it!!!!!!

and +1million on "Way of the Gun", if only for the parking lot scene outside the club. Outstanding. Sarah Silverman shoulda got an oscar :)

Seeeing her get punched in the face was a high point of the movie. That, and the one-handed chamber check.