Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Goodbye Snipershide, Hello Scout?

lee blackman

I was a big fan of the old site. Lots of great information. The new site is an abomination. Members are trying to use it but are frustrated. I wish that simple things were put into place BEFORE the transition to Scout. Real basic things like a Search function and a way to Follow topics. I really dont know how you can have any type of internet forum w/o these two basic features. Its been about a month since Scout Hide is up and running and no real improvements have been impemented. Can it really be that difficult?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying for premium content was the same as the old Hide as it's for the Online Training section. It's a premium service that takes time and money to put together. If you figure the cost of all the training videos you get for the price it's a great value. That said you don;t have to pay for it if you don't want.

I used to get on the Hide regularly but with the change hardly at all. I was one of the lucky ones that was able to keep the same handle. It kinda sucks to know some of the regular posters had to change theirs. I guess it was the luck of the draw...or as the explanation goes, others that were already on Scout had the handles and the new guys had to change.

It should be interesting to see what the site looks like in about six months.

That blows... My handle didn't change either. I didn't hear about the vets having to redo theirs. That seems like the new guy is trying to make it apparent that his guys over on SCOUT were more important. Bunch of BS.

Guess we will never really know what happened

SH joined Scout Media. That's it. No deep dark secrets. The new site is getting updates and will get better but don't try and make it sound like some conspiracy theory.

Some people, including Frank, had to change their names as SH joined a group that has many million members so of course there is going to be some overlap. I was lucky in that there were no Rob01s there but if there was i would have just been SHRob01 to show i came from the old site. Nothing earth shaking.

Rob... Wasn't meaning to sound like I believed there was a conspiracy theory. Just was seeing all the comments flying around and no one seems to know what happened. But it seems very unusual how things happened. Sorry you were rubbed the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the change has purged some of the trolls on the Hide and it ends up a better forum.

One thing I really appreciate on this site is the abundance of information without the negative attitudes.

Edited by PittsDriver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a lurker for many years on the Hide, and it gave me a lot of info. For that, I am trying to stick out through the change, and see if it gets better. I hope they iron out some kinks, but only time will tell.

I miss the old "subscribe" buttons, and the ease of posting pictures.

I wonder if the change to a "Scout" site now protects Frank a bit more in terms of the current pending lawsuit.

• 2 weeks later...

The only conspiracy is that Frank gets to tell you how great this new gun, scope, bipod is so much better than yours, and out pops your wallet then the next new gizmo. If you doubt me look in your gun safe :eatdrink: COOL-AID anyone.