Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tite Group and Bayou 124gr or 135gr

birwin45

I have been doing some searching on this forum, thanks for all of the information. Does anyone use Tite Group and bayou bullets in these weights?

The gun is a stock II and the reason I am asking about tite group is because it is the only powder I have been able to find locally.

I am trying to make about 130 pf like almost everyone else that shoots production. Some cushion is also nice for the cold days that we experience.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3.7 gr under a Blue Bullets 125 gr coated RN gets me to ~130 pf out of an Accushadow.

I can't imagine the Bayous are that much different that the other coated bullets, so if you started around 3.7 gr and chrono'd you should be GTG.

Bear in mind that the 124g profile will allow you to load as long as 1.169" (the max OAL for 9mm) in a CZ75. Bayou 135g, like the vast majority of the bullet profiles out there, requires you to load to 1.100 or shorter.

The problem I found with loading that short with 9mm was that, because the case wall gets slightly thicker as you get closer to the base, I'd have far more rounds not pass case gage (I use the 100-rd hundo from Ben Stoeger's pro shop) than with rounds I could load to 1.150". We're talking 2-3 failures per thousand rounds loaded at 1.150" versus 3-4 failures per *hundred* when loaded to 1.100" or shorter. They run fine. You'll just end up pulling and remaking a lot more bullets.

I've found the following bullets can be loaded as long as 1.160" and still have no problems with a CZ 75 barrel:

Berry's 9mm RN (115g, 124g, 147g)

Xtreme 9mm RN (147g .... )

Bayou 124g RN

3.9g has been good for me making PF with 124g Bayou @ 1.150" in a CZ75 SP01

• 2 months later...

I've been using TG for a CZ 85C and 75 SP01 Shadowline for a while. Though Bayou bullets is not available here north of the border, I got good results in both lubed 135 gr LRN and 135 gr epoxy coated LRN. 3.2 to 3.6 gr allows consistent cycling for both pistols. Same load has been tried on a similar Stock II with no problem. I have no chrono so I cannot give you the PF rating. I am hoping that this will make it to at least 125 PF. I've seen posting from other forums that says 128-130 PF for a 3.6 gr TG on 125 gr LRN. Hopefully, I am on track to hit the minimum 125 PF using 135 gr bullet @ 3.2 - 3.6 gr TG

• 4 weeks later...

When it comes to 9mm, I prefer loading my bullets long (1.140" to 1.165") for reliable feeding.

Bear Creek 135g and 147g lets you load em long, you use slightly less powder, with slighlty less felt recoil, for a win win situation.

• 3 months later...

Just tested some Bayou 135gr

CZ Shadow

OAL 1.135

TG 3.1

PF 128

They came out snappier than what I though......at least compared to 147

Mj

Edited by emjei

My Glock 34 Gen3 loves 135gr Bayou Bullets over 3.4gr of Titegroup OAL: 1.158"

This is my load too, same gun but Gen4, and I'm at 1.120 OAL. Been thinking of going a little longer and seeing how they do.

Ordered 3300 135 gr round nose today at 14:25, I was notified by the Post Office at 16:45 that my bullets were on the way. I think that is called Great Customer Service. I have dealt with Bayou several times in the past and always been satisfied, but this time Donnie really exceeded my expectations.

I wonder where are you guys getting your load data from? I'm trying to load SNS 9mm 125gr RN with Tightgroup in a glock 19. Hodgdons website states 3.6-4.0gr with 1.125 C.O.L.

And that's in the ballpark - I load Hi-Tek coated or plated at 3.6gr of TG, but a bit shorter OAL.

Coated or plated generally load closer to lead than jacketed, so the very bottom end of plated data in this case makes PF.

I'm not sure I'm seeing any confusion here?

The guys loading ~3.2gr are running heavier 135gr bullets..

Anyways, as stated, 3.6gr TG, 1.085" OAL, SNS 125r RNs net me a PF of 130-131.

And that's in the ballpark - I load Hi-Tek coated or plated at 3.6gr of TG, but a bit shorter OAL.

Coated or plated generally load closer to lead than jacketed, so the very bottom end of plated data in this case makes PF.

I'm not sure I'm seeing any confusion here?

The guys loading ~3.2gr are running heavier 135gr bullets..

Anyways, as stated, 3.6gr TG, 1.085" OAL, SNS 125r RNs net me a PF of 130-131.

I'm also loading S&S 125 gr in a CZ, though my data is marginally different.

1.1 COAL

3.7 gr TG

Comes in at 130 +/-

• 4 months later...

Does anyone happen to have a recipe for using TG with 124 and 135 Bayou Bullets out of a Tanfo Stock II? Currently I am shooting 147's and want to test out the others. Thinking that around 3.2-3.4 will be good for 135's and 3.6-3.8 for the 124s. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If it is a coated lead bullet, you have to load them a lot shorter in some Tanfo's unless you get the barrels reamed since the wider profile contacts the rifling. I believe many folks load the 135g to 1.100" to 1.100" in the 3.2 to 3.4g range with titegroup to make over 130 PF. The 124g is the same oal but depending on your setup will require 3.7 to 4.0g to make over 130PF