Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seekins Precision Hard-as-Hell MultiGun

Announcing the return of the Purgatory Flats Hard-as-Hell MultiGun 2014! We're very proud to announce Seekins Precision as our very first title sponsor! If you haven't shot the HaH before, here's some GoPro footage from last year to show you what it's like.

The match will be three days, December 5-7. There will be 9 stages, there will be an AM/PM/AM and PM/AM/PM rotation of shooters.

Stages are not finalized, estimated round count is 360 for rifle/pistol (each) and around 250 shotgun. No slugs are planned currently, but we aren't ruling them out. You will need a sling for your rifle.

Southern Utah weather is typically mild this time of year with highs in the mid-60's, but if you shot last year's HaH you know that you need to be ready for everything :-)

If you have any questions regarding the match, please contact Match Director Ken Nelson at kn@kennelson.com

Register here, the match fee is $200.00. Stay tuned for updates here and/or on the match Facebook page.

Additionally this year we are putting together a prize table, if you are affiliated with a company and are interested in being a sponsor of the HaH, please contact me either here, via the HaH Facebook page or email me at briankevinnelson@gmail.com.

Thank you to the sponsors already signed up, Title Sponsor Seekins Precision, Stage Sponsors Leupold Tactical Optics, Berry's Manufacturing, House of Hearing, Western Arms and Ammo, and the Shooters Source. Thanks also to contributing sponsors Bellum Canis Outdoors and GWACS Armory.

Edited by Brian N.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a link to some rules? Ever since the website went down, i feel like i have been left out in the cold (again. Get it? because it snowed last year....never mind)

MD/webmaster Ken thought it'd be best to keep everything on the match Facebook page (which is public; viewable by non-facebook members) when the site went down.

Upon me slapping him upside the head and telling him that's stupid further reflection, he's going to bring it back up sometime today hopefully.

As for rules, expect standard 3GN Open, Tac Optics and Limited rules. We don't have Heavy anything. We also don't care how long your mag tube is on a Tac Optics/limited shotgun, just don't start with more than 9 rounds. You will be required to sling your rifle, possibly your shotgun (depending on the stages we work out).

If you knock over and MGM Spinner target, expect heavy penalization, similar to Ironman this year. Other than that, no max shot size as long as it ain't steel. Feel free to punish yourself and your shotgun's internals all you want :-)

I'd also like to announce Crimson Trace as a new contributing sponsor! BTW, if you don't have lasergrips on your carry/personal defense firearm, you're doing it wrong :-)

Long range can go out to 400 on one bay at the SUPS facility. We are looking at some property nearby to run some Rocky Mountain type natural terrain stages with longer distances, but that's TBD right now.

Las Vegas is about a 2-hour drive from us, or you can fly into St. George (connecting in SLC or Denver).

The official Match Hotel is the Holiday Inn Express in Washington, UT. Use the block name TPC when you call and you will get the best available rate.

Thanks to the Tactical Performance Center for letting us use their rate, and being a stage sponsor! There are four certificates for a 3-Day Handgun Bootcamp with Ron Avery on the prize table...

10440671_402063239943784_831442843222722

Edited by Brian N.

Wow. Looks like cross training with some shooting mixed in.

Not on my bucket list.

Would have been fun 30 years ago, sortof fun 20 years ago, strenuous 10 years ago..

It's only as hard as you make it...there are options to avoid something too physically demanding. We have had several 70 year olds compete with us in the last two years

This looks awesome, would probably kill my fat ass, but once I'm outta school and have the budget to travel I hope to make it out. Hope the match goes well this year. I'll be looking forward to more videos.

Slackline raising... hmmm... we can possibly. I'll have to check on that. It's sort of a platform, so we'd have to raise the whole thing.

website: www.purgatoryflatsmg.com is up. Apologies. I was hoping to just maintain one place, but two's not bad.

Ken N.

Not on my bucket list.

Would have been fun 30 years ago, sortof fun 20 years ago, strenuous 10 years ago..

It's only as hard as you make it...there are options to avoid something too physically demanding. We have had several 70 year olds compete with us in the last two years

And FNH only had two people with broken bones going down a fairly short slide this year. :roflol:

Not on my bucket list.

And FNH only had two people with broken bones going down a fairly short slide this year. :roflol:

We think everything through...the worst injury we've had in two years was a guy who sprained his ankle, running on flat ground. Not counting the guy who grabbed his rifle suppressor mid-stage while clearing a jam....

• 2 weeks later...

TOTALLY LOVE IT !!!! Except 2 things.... 1) I dont have any more 1980's rock star pants to wear, & 2) this Florida boy dosnt do snow (unless Im hunting in a tree stand).

Love the fitness & agility aspect, just wish they would do it in Florida in say...... July or August when its 95* w 100% humidity :roflol: