Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical Innovations

I run the TTI basepads on my M&P and picked up the extension for PMAGs off the prize table at the Pro/Am. TTI makes the best stuff!!! One problem - I installed the extension on a 40 rnd PMAG WITHOUT first removing the plastic part at the bottom of the spring (I'm a man, so of course I didn't read the instructions); it will only hold 42. I can't seem to get that little bastard off to fix it. Any tips or advice for removing the extension? I'm guessing the plastic part on the mag spring is wedged into the extension pretty good. I'd hate to cut up a perfectly good mag. Thanks in advance!

been there done that, good luck

And was I right? Lot's of force? :roflol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my TTI M2 in, and damn. I must say it is perfection. I haven't even shot it. I can't think of anything that I plan on changing except for ordering a full set of Briley's extended choke tubes. Thank you again TTI for all of your flexibility and hard work to create such a perfect shotgun. Really looking forward to shooting it!

I just got my TTI M2 in, and damn. I must say it is perfection. I haven't even shot it. I can't think of anything that I plan on changing except for ordering a full set of Briley's extended choke tubes. Thank you again TTI for all of your flexibility and hard work to create such a perfect shotgun. Really looking forward to shooting it!

Thank you for supporting us!

I have had a few issues with the 18 round Nordic Extension. 1. don't load match hollow point bullets in it past where the mags couple or you will get issues from time to time. I have This limits it to a FMJ magazine only. There is no such issue with he 40 round Pmags with the Taran and Taccom extensions.

Pat

I run the TTI basepads on my M&P and picked up the extension for PMAGs off the prize table at the Pro/Am. TTI makes the best stuff!!! One problem - I installed the extension on a 40 rnd PMAG WITHOUT first removing the plastic part at the bottom of the spring (I'm a man, so of course I didn't read the instructions); it will only hold 42. I can't seem to get that little bastard off to fix it. Any tips or advice for removing the extension? I'm guessing the plastic part on the mag spring is wedged into the extension pretty good. I'd hate to cut up a perfectly good mag. Thanks in advance!

I did the same thing when I was putting my TTI extension on a 40 rounder. I thought I was stuck with it, because I couldn't force the extension off enough to push the spring down.

Then I did this: bent a little hook in a wire coat hanger. Slipped it down beside the follower as far as I could reach into the mag, hooked the spring, and pulled it back towards the follower. It moved the spring enough that the TTI base pad slid right off. Done.

Of course this only made sense after much energy was expended. And of course cussing and beating the mag on things.

been there done that, good luck

And was I right? Lot's of force? :roflol:

hells yes

I've started to order a couple of times, I just can't seem to spend 40 bucks to get an extra 5 rounds in a $15 mag I always delete my order when I get to the check out.

This, also I don't understand why they are so much more popular than nordic 18 round extension

The Nordic ones work well. They are also more flimsy than the TTI or TACOM extensions. There have been instances where people broke them off during matches. They are also really long.

I paid Taccom $10 each for the two I bought for my 40 round pmags

That seemed like a decent enough deal and they look and work great as well.

They work fine for feeding. However, you can knock them off as they don't secure well. Had it happen twice when ditching into a dump barrel. Luckily it has never happen live during the stage. You can replicate it by simply hitting the extension against your hand or a table, and it will start to slide right off. Decided to not chance that happening and moved on from them. Otherwise, they are simple, affordable, and I never had feed issues with them.

The other downside to them is they are PMAG Gen3-specific, if that matters to anyone with older PMAGs.

I broke 3 floor plates on 40 rnd pmags with the Taccom, they are great for the money but in too rough grounding guns I guess.

i wanted to say something about this post previous post of mine, since i got a pm asking about it, i did not brake the taccom extension, but rather on 3 separate occasions when grounding my rifle the extension shifted on the mag and broke the plastic magpul piece attached to the bottom of the spring, i dont see how this could happen with the new taccom design, i guess my wording was bad calling it a floorplate... anyhow i would buy the new extensions with confidence

• 2 months later...

Awesome products,they support the game so I always support them when I can. They also have awesome customer service.

Thanks! We appreciate that! We put a lot of work into going and actively finding problems people are having with our gear ( it's why we set up this enos account ), so it's nice to know that it's paying off. Hope you all had a merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Taran Tactical,

Thanks for the really great pricing and available inventory on Cyber Monday! I bought 6 more 9mm/.40 Glock bases, and 4 in the new .45 Glock! I was pleasantly surprised that you added the .45 to your product line. Thanks for everything. Besides the obvious extra capacity, they work great, and make disassembling and cleaning the mags so much easier. I guess I have enough now, to go with the other 5 or 6 I already have. Color coded for caliber.

Taran Tactical,

Thanks for the really great pricing and available inventory on Cyber Monday! I bought 6 more 9mm/.40 Glock bases, and 4 in the new .45 Glock! I was pleasantly surprised that you added the .45 to your product line. Thanks for everything. Besides the obvious extra capacity, they work great, and make disassembling and cleaning the mags so much easier. I guess I have enough now, to go with the other 5 or 6 I already have. Color coded for caliber.

Glad you got what you needed, and thanks for supporting us! It means a lot to us!

That's awesome, congrats on the win.

Hey Dew - has Aggie 3-Gun made any attempt to sign up TTI as a sponsor? I'd love some mag extensions in Aggie maroon! I've got 3 M&P mags and a bunch of P-mags that are still stock...

The only other manufacturer that offers a wide variety of FO sights is Dawson. I bought a FO sight for my CZ 75 accu shadow and SA range officer 1911. I had to file both sights down since they don't place the FO rod at the very top of the sight blade like TTI sights.

• 1 year later...

I've been running TTI base pads on my AR and my Glock 34 for years. Some are so smashed up from being dropped in gravel that they're barely recognizable, and they still run perfectly. When I got a set for my 43, they threw in some springs just to say thanks.

When they accidentally shipped the wrong springs for my full-size glock on a different order, they overnighted the right ones, and spares, so I would have them for a match.

When I droped my pistol from my workbench and broke the front sight, I had to talk them into charging me for the replacement, because they tried to warranty it for free, and it was clearly not a warranty issue. 

So, when the time came to upgrade the shotgun, I didn't think twice about ordering a TTI M2. 

I have never had anything but extremely positive experiences when working with TTI. Buy the good stuff the first time. You won't regret it.