Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bul SAS 2011 pistols

jimbullet

Seems like I recall BUL making the lower for the original Kimber hi cap. Could be wrong about that though. I have seen and held a BUL years ago during the hi cap ban. I liked the way it felt. I remember the person that owned Charles Daly kept promising he was going to be the importer. Never happened.

I am guessing you are not in the US.

Edited by Joe D

These have become available down under across the tasman sea and at 1/3 the price of a high end 2011 pistol, it sounds like a deal to have. I was planning to have one as a back up pistol for my primary standard pistol and probably as my base pistol for a steel challenge dedicated pistol for limited.

• 1 month later...

Bul also contracted with Bill Wilson for his plastic high cap gun. I have done a couple of Bul grip mods over the years. Bul makes a fine pistol. We need more of the imports , Bul, RIA, SPS, etc. You will see STI's prices come down. Pheonix Trinity frames are already showing pressure on STI frames. Competition helps us all.

A friend of mine is theSouth African agent for Bul.

I have shot and handled a couple of the Bul pistols and I am very impressed with the build quality and accuracy of these guns. The small parts, fit and finish are all superb and very high quality.

I have been so impressed that I will be using a Bul 1911 as my primary IPSC Classic division(Single stack) pistol for the next couple of years.

At about half the price of a STI (in SA) I would have no problem using the high cap pistol in Standard division(similar to Limited) and would not feel undergunned at all.

• 2 years later...