Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The_Vigilante

So I plan to purchase the iPhone 6 on Friday, 9/12-which version I haven't decided yet. So I called Apple to determine at what time on September 12 I could pre-order the iPhone-exactly at the stroke of midnight or 6AM, or whatever? Couldn't get an answer-said he didn't know-didn't believe him but couldn't go any further. Any of you have experience in the past placing a pre-order?

"So I plan to purchase the iPhone 6 on Friday, 9/12-which version I haven't decided yet" FYI: you probably know this, but only the smaller iPhone 6 is available on Friday; the iPhone 6-Plus won't be coming out for a while. I will be joining you in ordering mine at 3am EST !!

Edited by jroback

"So I plan to purchase the iPhone 6 on Friday, 9/12-which version I haven't decided yet" FYI: you probably know this, but only the smaller iPhone 6 is available on Friday; the iPhone 6-Plus won't be coming out for a while. I will be joining you in ordering mine at 3am EST !!

Source? Everything ive seen indicates both models will be available for preorder.

^^^^^ Hmmmmmm. Well, I think you're right. Most of the articles I read leading up to the press conference said the Plus would be delayed a couple months. Then, I went to order a case, and they had cases for the smaller 6, but not for the Plus, which confirmed the delay in my mind. But I agree, all the sites now say that pre-order for both phones starts tomorrow.

I take all the rumor sites with a huge grain of salt, especially when they start claiming delays on products that haven't even been announced yet. I also continue to be amused at all the asian companies that will start offering cases for a product months in advance of the actual Apple keynote presentation, when they couldn't possibly know the exact dimensions of the product itself. And they're always proven to be wrong and don't fit the final version of the device. The only cases that I absolutely know will fit a 6 are those from Apple itself.

6 Plus here

Alarm set for 2:58 am

I am so glad my phone is just fine until upgrade time. I would never waste a good nights sleep to get in line to order something. Then again I have a 5.
I have a 4, so more than in need of an upgrade.

6 Plus here

I am so glad my phone is just fine until upgrade time. I would never waste a good nights sleep to get in line to order something. Then again I have a 5.

Yeah, my kids all went with 4's initially because they were cheaper. Me and the wife went straight from old school flip phones to the 5 and they are way more than adequate for us. My kids complain about iphones being to plain and idiot friendly. Of course they all tried droid based and even a windows phone(big mistake) and somehow eventually ended up with iphones. Imagine that!

I stay on a two year cycle with my phones and will be getting the new 6 the day it comes out. I'm not a big fan of big phones so even the new 6 is going to be an adjustment. Love the Apple phones (and Macs and iPads) but I'm not a fan of the IOS change they made a year ago. I have yet to update to the cartoonish icons and other "updates" they made. When the 4 and 5 came out I used a couple extra upgrades and bought phones with them. Had them sold an hour later for $900 a piece both times.

Got an email from Apple yesterday. Logged into my AT&T account today and it seems I can "pre-order" right now? Would have already done it, but I bent the hell out of the crankshaft on my $700 Honda HRX lawnmower yesterday evening. I guess the 4S is going to have to go another month. Dammit....

I pre ordered today at a verizon store. They were already sold out of some of the colors in the 16GB size phones. They promised a ship date of next friday on the regular size iPhone 6. The larger screen iPhone 6 plus had ship dates in mid October. I think they were quoting mid October because they were sold out of certain 6 plus models at 3pm today.

I pre ordered today at a verizon store. They were already sold out of some of the colors in the 16GB size phones. They promised a ship date of next friday on the regular size iPhone 6. The larger screen iPhone 6 plus had ship dates in mid October. I think they were quoting mid October because they were sold out of certain 6 plus models at 3pm today.

I preordered the 6 about 5am EST yesterday on line. No real issues. Also quoted delivery date next friday. Interesting that they won't ship the 6plus for another month. Either they had sold out of those, or there was some truth to the internet rumors that the 6plus was delayed (accept preorders for both phones on the same day, but delay 6plus shipments for a month).

Preordered a 6 Plus at work yesterday... 128 GB in Space Grey. Email says delivered by 10/28. The Verizon website quoted me by 10/11.

My iPhone 5 still works, so I'm not worked up over that date. Gives companies some time to make cases before I start using the phone.

Opted for the 6 Plus being I do read off my phone a lot. Recoil magazine, forums via Tapatalk,emails, etc. If I just wanted a new phone, I could have got the 6 next Friday. However, you gain some battery life (from Apple's numbers) and a few other small upgrades with the Plus.

6 Plus here

I could have updated last Dec to a 5S but decided to wait for the 6, anticipating it would be a significant update, also wanting to realign the contract to match the "number" model announcements rather than the "number-S" versions.