Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland WTF

THEMULE

It could be that i'm just not intelligent enough but I can't seem to find anything on Safariland's website, haha. I use a safriland belt with ELS clips for limited, single stack and 3-gun. I really like the els setup, but had no clue I could do the same with the holster (QLS). I ordered one ready to have the ultimate "swiss army" belt only to find out it doesn't mate to the 014 holster. Am I missing something ? The versatility of the belt is great but holsters have to be unbolted to change them out.

Also does anyone know of a revolver setup for the ELS setup. I can't find them on the website. I'm using a S&W 625, with the straight posts for moon clips.

Thanks

If you want to take a 014 on and off you need an els clip. The QLS is for duty holsters like the 5198. The QLS mount still has to be threaded onto the belt. Once on holsters can be clipped and unclipped. Changing from a QLS mounted holster to an els holster would be the only problem I could see and vis versa. I just bought a second belt. One for single stack with the QLS and 5198 holster and a second belt with a 014 and els for open and limited.

I made a plate for my els belt so I could use the qls. I beleive you can also drill the belt or the qls female plate. My plate has made my holster stick out more then I like and I'll be making changes. The qls has more hold and I prefer it for my holster.

Safariland really has a LARGE does of WTF coming to them for the ELS/QLS incompatibility thing. You can CAN attach a QLS to a ELS belt but only with 2 screws. You can attach a ELS to a QLS compatible holster, but it is sideways at 45degrees.

I use a ALS holster on a QLS mount on a ELS belt. The ALS reciever plate does attach to the ELS belt with 2 screws only just fine. Move the plate around, you'll find the two screw holes that align. The two screw thing seems to be rigid enough, it hasn't given me any issues. Before that I had the ALS mounted with a ELS. I took off its factory belt loop, took a ELS fork and spun it around until I found a way I could attach it with 2 screws to the holster. That works at a 45 degree forward cant. You can also mount the ELS receiver plate at the same angle on the belt. It works, but I was a bit worried about ELS being a bit fragile so went to to QLS

Not sure it would work with Safariland holsters but I have really been liking using a large Blade Tech TMMS as the attachment for my holsters on the ELS belt. You can two screws on it just like QLS but there is enough room to drill two more as well. It has a secondary lock and since it rides lower than the belt it provides a bit more stability on the draw.

• 2 weeks later...

I just drilled a hole in the belt to attach the QLS mount to it.

Most Teklok stuff will take a ELS fork.

But I agree the fact that most Safariland holsters have a rearward cant is annoying, thus I use another brands holsters with a QLS fork attached.