Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Review of Get to Work

Steve Anderson

Steve,

I told myself I would wait til I got into your first two books before I got the third. Wish I had done it earlier.

The third book is a culmination of the three in my minds eye. It ties them all together. It can even be seen as, perhaps, a match preparation book. Where the other two show you what dry-fire does and how to make it applicable with the prier mindset.

Me, I have over a decade of global security work. Performing or teaching security functions in high threat arenas. It has been a pursuit of mine to hone my weapons handling skills and work schedules did not allow me to be consistent. I couldnt measure it - so I couldnt improve it. So to say. Your book Get to Work showed me how to develop and apply the skills of accuracy and speed in turbo mode. So much information was contained that I tried to eat it all in one sitting. That did, what you said it would, gave me a temporary slump. The new information excited me to want to run to the range and I look forward to dry fire each evening. What I mean is that I can see the progress immediately and if I dont, I know why and can fix it.. almost immediately.

Coming from a tactical background I thought it would be a shift. It wasnt. Your info instills personal growth and skill development to run your gear optimally and under stress. In the tactical realm I can apply this as it makes me a stronger asset to a team in support of an operation. And, at matches most Tact guys dont do super well as we have so ingrained other points of combative shooting. But, it is not in conflict with your writings on training to run your pistol better and better.

Calling your shots Acceptable sight pictures What speed is These are not just a new way that you write about, but THE way to use it in training so it can come out when needed. And its all tactically applicable.

Everyone who wants to get better on a budget or just a person needing a breath of fresh air- Buy This Book.