Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Area 4 championship

I was there Thurs afternoon and watched people shoot from the stairs without penalty. When I asked they said that was okay. On Friday we weren't allowed to do that. I was one of the guys who said to arb it and left Friday sure the stage would be thrown out. I guess I should have stuck around.

Ill try to shoot Thursday next year.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a reason to be a xxxx about it.

Anyone who looked at that stage, would agree, that the fault lines on top of the stairs appeared to be defining the top as out of bounds.

I have shot a match or 2 and the first thing I thought was.......the shooting area is the top of platform and even pointed it out others in the squad.

Anyone who looked at that stage, would agree, that the fault lines on top of the stairs appeared to be defining the top as out of bounds.

I have shot a match or 2 and the first thing I thought was.......the shooting area is the top of platform and even pointed it out others in the squad.

I thought the same thing Thursday and wondered why guys were shooting from the stairs.

Maybe I'm just a noob.

You didn't think it odd that stairs that are clearly within a shooting area, are marked out of bounds, yet the top of the stairs were in?

The question I belive is not was there a clearly defined shooting area at the top of the stairs, the question is was there a clear demarcation making the stairs not within the larger shooting area? If the answer is yes the stairs were clearly outside the larger shooting area then we can talk penalties (there is more to discuss here but for now I'll leave it) if the answer is no the stairs were not outside the larger shooting area then they are inside it and avaliable to be used by the competitors without penalties. That's it, it can only be one of the two,

So for the shooters that were there which is it?

Maybe I'm just a noob.

You didn't think it odd that stairs that are clearly within a shooting area, are marked out of bounds, yet the top of the stairs were in?

Not really but I only looked once since using the stairs was never really an viable option.

Just an FYI............ A Match book can't generically state that all walls go from ground up to infinity for all stages. For Level 2 and above matches that verbiage MUST be located in the WSB for each stage if they want to apply it across the board. If that verbiage was not in the WSB read by the RO's then the walls are considered to go from the ground to the height constructed.

21 DQ's? Was there one particular stage that resulted in the DQ's? What's up with that? I saw names that I would not expect to see on that list

No, sounds like competitor carelessness.

And maybe some fatigue

And that....I know I've been sick with a respiratory/allergy/cold for a week and I thought I was about to die on Saturday afternoon.

I had one DQ on Stage 15.

End of the day Friday, last shooter of the day on his 15th stage, Open DIV shooting his last stage.

There was one target on 15 that was right at 180.

Most of the squads asked where they could shoot it and not break the 180 and were instructed so.

You would be hard pressed to break 180 really.

Last shooter of the day realizes that he has one target left, can't figure out where it is.

I am trying to telepathically tell him "Left Side" as hard as I could.

He turns right and engages a target at about 210 degrees but not endangering anyone.

ULSC issued, he says "Damnit, I broke the 180"

Yes sir you did, I am sad to say.

As an aside, I do not know how many were DQ'd from the Chrony stage but that is where they were instructed to go after shooting my stage.

I heard of several that did not make their power factor and of course for Minor that is a shoot for fun.

I am not sure if the heat was the factor on powder or what but my Titegroup loads consistently chrony 132,000 -132,500 and were 129,200 at the match.

Edited by RWChambers

21 DQ's? Was there one particular stage that resulted in the DQ's? What's up with that? I saw names that I would not expect to see on that list

No, sounds like competitor carelessness.

And maybe some fatigue

I think this was a big factor. A great guy and a very good shooter on my squad DQ'd Friday on our last stage for a 180 on a mag change while retreating. We had 10 people in our squad and it was a very long day.

That being said, I enjoyed the match very much. I found the stages challenging and fun, the staff was pleasant and friendly, water was regularly offered. I think it's probably one of the best matches I have shot (not my personal shooting, but the quality of the event).

I really did think we had more people in SS than what's uploaded to USPSA. I came in 4th shooting SS Minor, but practiscore shows me as 5th with 84% and USPSA shows 4th with 78%. Any way of telling what my actually score is? Not complaining, just trying to do some evaluation so I can look at where I am starting and where I think I should go in SS since I am new to this division. Thanks Ken for getting all our LE guys into a squad. We appreciate the assistance and support.

I was one of the DQ's at this match. There were a few target arrays that I saw as potential 180 issues. Stage 14 (3 shots per target) probably had the most opportunity for mistakes to occur. I made sure to identify them and plan accordingly.

I cannot speak to any other DQ's other than mine, but the stage designs played no part in it. I had been having malfunctions from the first stage Sunday morning. On stage 5, while I was hanging off the rope, I had another malfunction. Released the rope, stepped outside the shooting area to cycle the slide and the gun discharged. DQ was for AD while clearing malfunction.

After taking the gun to a gun smith, we figured out the issue was trigger bounce. It's ironic that if my finger would have been on the trigger during the remedial action (DQ in its own right), the AD wouldn't have happened. But it did and I had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blast at a small town Dairy Queen.

Does anyone know why the scores are still changing today? I'm still in the same place but have went down 100 points and 2 less stage wins. WTH over.

They had you shooting major Greg. They must have caught it since we just shot for fun.

Wow, I would have thought that the chrono guys would have caught that and bumped me to shooting for no score but we were kind of already doing that. :surprise:

We will have to look at moving over to L10 next time, those guys needed help to fill their division as well.

Congrats again on the good shooting, have you found a place for your new trophy? :cheers:

Yeah the first match results showed us all shooting major. The second had just you shooting it. Thought you might have left a gift at Chrono :devil:

I think all revolver shooters have a special empty spot on the wall for such trophys.

As always you guys are a blast to shoot with even if only for a "just for fun match".