Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Area 4 championship

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://boomershooter.com/area4.pdf

Link to the pdf version of the matchbook. big shout out to 38superdub for polishing my crap and making it look presentable. there is a very cool flipbook version available as well. see below.

http://pubhtml5.com/yudw/lfxy

Edited by shootingchef

Was out there today helping with setup. I think the stages are going to push the "envelope" big bays and wide and Ken has done an excellent job with the stage design. You will have to cover some ground on many stages and I am looking forward to shooting this match! I think "Stage #?" with the swinging plate is going to go down in history as a mind bender, I got a little dizzy when all things were actuated. I am working the bay with the two speed shoots -Thanks Deron! 15 stages and shooting all over for the last six years those who will shoot this match will get more than their $$$ worth. IMHO Jimmy

Thanks for your Help today and last weekend, Jimmy. The stages are utilizing the greatness of the bays at 3C tactical. Bring plenty of water and hydrate! its crazy hot and blowing dust. Be prepared! Gonna be a grand shooting adventure.

Thanks for your Help today and last weekend, Jimmy. The stages are utilizing the greatness of the bays at 3C tactical. Bring plenty of water and hydrate! its crazy hot and blowing dust. Be prepared! Gonna be a grand shooting adventure.

Are staff/RO assignments posted somewhere?

TIA

Are staff/RO assignments posted somewhere?

TIA

Got them. Thanks

Shot 15 stages yesterday WOW. Finished around 7:30 which is a miracle. (I've shot 10 stage matches that had trouble doing that.) Thanks to Ken, Lee, great RO crew and everyone else who worked and made this a great match.

Edited by TerryO

Guys, I had a family emergency as you can probably tell from the time of this post. I will get the final results posted to USPSA as soon as I can get to my iPAD and laptop.

Thanks for the understanding.

Lee

Great match Lee and Ken, lots of running and gunning and choices to be made. The match seemed to run pretty smooth from my standpoint. Hope whatever family emergency you had is okay now, those are never fun. Thanks again!

Ok, final results have been posted to USPSA. Sorry for the delay but circumstances were beyond my control.

Thanks to everyone who came out to shoot and also to all the RO/Staff. It was a HUGE match, probably a little too large stage wise but if Ken and I do it again we will certainly make adjustments.

Also, just to address some of the questions posted in various place I will provide some context from my point of view:

Stage 12: This was tossed because somehow a steel plate that was available to be shot from the front position of the stage on Thursday/Friday was not available Saturday morning. The hardcover steel and the plate stand were extremely well staked in place (thanks Jeremy) and the footings were in the original locations but somehow it was moved to not present the same view as before so I had to remove it from the match.

Stage 5: The WSB was very clear that targets were to be shot only from within the fault lines. The stage had a double sided set of stairs that led to a very clearly marked fault line area (1x2's painted florescent orange like ALL other fault lines in the match). If you were in the shooting area indicated by the fault lines the target presentation was very tough. If you were standing outside the shooting area the targets were completely and fully visible. As a significant advantage was gained by shooting the 3 targets from the stairs outside the fault lines I issued 6 procedurals. Per rule 3.2.3 I clarified where targets could be engaged on the WSB to attempt to reduce recurrences. As to folks saying the RO's shot it differently and not receiving said procedurals, I was not able to confirm that anyone actually did that.

Stage 7: There was a report the WSB from Thursday was different than Saturday. I hate to break it to anyone who thinks that as only 5 copies of the WSB's were brought to the range by the MD and they were all verified to be identical. I believe the issue may be the stage diagram said all mags had to be on the barrel and the WSB just said they could not be on your person. Someone at some point figured out they could place a mag on the chair between their legs and some others didn't and got ticked about it.

Lastly, I am aware the USPSA website shows me as only CRO. It is incorrect, I am an active certified Range Master. I will ask it be updated again but if anyone doesn't believe it, call the Director of the NROI.

Even with the controversy that seems to plague every major match lately, I hope everyone at least enjoyed the shooting challenges presented.

Lee Neel

TY53799

2015 USPSA Area 4 Championship Range Master

This match was very fun and EXTREMELY Challenging. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Ken, Deron and Lee you gentlemen did an exceptional job. Thank you for hosting this match and rest assured you will always have controversy and naysayers. You have a thankless job that make you easy targets when things don't go the way a competitor likes. You all have my utmost respect and admiration as do all the MDs and RMs for matches I've been to.

Great seeing everyone (Staff and competitors alike).