Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

seekins adjustable gas block

tnorman

Works like a adjustable gas block. I'm running one, only gripe is gas adjustment faces the side toward the back of the block, can be a little interesting adjusting it with a handguard in the way.

Edited by NisilS14

Think in quarter turns. Start out with 1 complete rotation out (4 quarter turns), load one round, and shoot. If it doesn't lock back on the bolt catch, continue adjusting in increments of 1 quarter turn until it locks back. Load 2-3 rounds to check rifle function, and done.

Just installed one with a new Criterion 18" barrel and a new JP Low Mass BCG. Easy to install and works great. I shot my first match with it on Saturday and everything worked perfect. No malfunctions of any kind. I am running Atlanta Arms and Ammo reman. 60 Gr. VMAX. I have the same gripe as everyone else... If the set screw were facing forward, I could adjust and set the gas without having to take off the hand guard. As it is, it takes some time.

-Shaky

I don't mind the adjustment screw on the hand guard side. Since the adjustment screw is firmly locked in place it does not move, so no need to get at it. Having the adjustment screw on the gas tube outlet side of the block makes this block a simple and durable unit, I will deal with the hand guard removal to gain such elegance.

• 2 years later...