Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduced Distance Practicing

danjordan78

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, noetzelj said:

Same as Eds - I sent a PM looking for the spreadsheet.  Anybody else have a copy?

Everyone should have a copy that has asked. Noetzelj, I should be able to get one to you Wednesday. 

Thanks! Glad to see so many people getting usage out of it.

Dan

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have dan's spreadsheet (he is local to me, and I drink beer at his brewery from time to time), and it was helpful, but honestly ken's banners are so much easier to use that I bought them and my wife and I use them for dryfire now. I can set them up in the garage, or on the side fence of the yard depending on the weather, and instead of 10 mins to measure and set up a stage it's 10 seconds.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:11 PM, Racinready300ex said:

I think Go Fast don't Suck has kits for steel challenge too.

https://gofastdontsuck.net/swag-store/Steel-Challenge-Dry-Fire-8-Stage-Color-Kit-p276308126

If you want precisely scaled/laid out dryfire targets, the gfds targets aren't that. When I asked them for layout instructions, I was given some loose "close enough" guidelines. Anybody that seriously shoots steel challenge, or cares enough to invest significant time for SC dryfire practice will quickly realize that "close enough" doesn't work well at all.

17 hours ago, EarlKeese said:

If you want precisely scaled/laid out dryfire targets, the gfds targets aren't that. When I asked them for layout instructions, I was given some loose "close enough" guidelines. Anybody that seriously shoots steel challenge, or cares enough to invest significant time for SC dryfire practice will quickly realize that "close enough" doesn't work well at all.

I don't really steel challenge I just remember seeing them on their site. Good to know

Edited by Racinready300ex

On 11/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, EarlKeese said:

Well, dang.  2 years and 100’s of kits sold to happy customers, this is the first time I’ve had to defend this product. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I had to do a lot of learning on perspective angles for changing distances to nerd the hell out of making this kit accurate.  I actually learned a lot about the stage designer’s intentions doing so.   When you see the targets are exactly the same height based on the perspective, considering they are wildly different sized targets at distance, it kind of sticks with you.  

My assumption when I created the kits was that everyone spending money on it would be familiar with the 5’ height for the majority of the targets.  I never included that part because the height perspective is not intended to change.   It does though with sloping ranges.  Unless you have a surveyor setting your target heights (and yeah, there is totally some clubs that do that) there will be some height differences. 

so my most common response has been. “5’ or eye height will do the trick”.  

If the intent here was to really sell banner targets, that’s a shame.  I never try to discourage someone from a competitors product.  The only thing I’ve stated is that these are a less expensive alternative.  You will be trading the cost for a bit more setup time over the banners but it will be a similar practice session. 

the instructions for the kit is here https://gofastdontsuck.net/support/

I couldn’t find a conversation history with a Keese or an Ashby in my records.  I will be more than happy to send you the pendulum kit for free.  Email me at orders@gofastdontsuck.net give the kit a try and let me know if you find issues with it. 🤷🏼‍♂️   I can’t do more than offer free stuff 😂