Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Win AA Low Recoil/Low Noise

Therealkoop

I've run them in my VM several times...yes they can cut the splits...and increase the speed at which I miss. :roflol: There are several loads out there between the 1200s and the 900s. My go to load is the STS 1100 fps low recoil. I am only down 6 or 7% on power factor, but they hit just as hard. The shot column is a bit shorter out at distances where our targets are, so that has an equalizing effect as compared to the standard 1200 fps load for knocking steel.

I am still trying to run 6 plates at 15 yards in under a second, 1st shot to last. Have gotten 5, but can't get the 6th yet. With a 1200 fps load, I can get 3 or 4 at most. Granted, this is a not something we often see, but It has been a good drill to help me gain speed with the SG and the pistol and focus on a smooth transition.

I am still trying to run 6 plates at 15 yards in under a second, Have gotten 5, but can't get the 6th yet.

WOW!!!... Next, you'll be shooting balloons at 1,000 yards with a 9mm. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I have no doubt Jerry can run 6 plates in under a second with his shotgun.

I did hit a 10" gong with my Kel-Tec .380 at 200 yards last week. :)

Tried them today in my M2 with lightened bolt carrier. There wasn't enough inertia to unlock the bolt, so it's a nogo for me

Remember a lightened bolt makes light loads less apt to operate the action.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

The Versa max will run Very light loads after break in. I am loading 15 gr PB with 1 oz 7.5 shot that chronos at 735 fps. Runs the gun great and I have had no problems with steel including texas star and spinners. Apparently the lower velocity patterns tighter as I am getting approx 12 " patterns at 20 yards w/ IC choke. Spreaders are about 20 " at that distance.

They run in my JM Pro just fine. YES you read that right a unmodified Pro?! Wtf

They also run fine in my Pro under standard conditions. But if the gun gets cold(under 40 F) or too dirty it'll occasionally(1 in 20) not fully cycle - so I definitely wouldn't want to try anything lighter.

Not so much in my new VM. Though by the comments here I'm hopeful that the VM will run them after it's more broken in.

Me and a couple guys have noticed that with the Vmax you have to really choke down on it so it will cycle the 980fps stuff. If you don't put man hands on it you run the risk of FTE.. Lol!! Just my .02 from what I've seen.

Hadley O.