Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland Model 014 fiasco

Trigger guards vary, so maybe yours is on the thin side and the tensioner doesn't squeeze the trigger block enough to engage your trigger guard..

On my guns it will lock the trigger guard in if I twist too much.

Might be able to add washers or something to make the tension adjustment more effective. Also, there is a thin and thick shim that come with the holster, might need to use one of them to get the right fit with your trigger guard.

There is a lot of adjustment on the 014, so some tinkering and trial and error may be required.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! [emoji106]

(even though I can't figure out the tension knob).

Yeah their instructions are kind of lacking. First, take the holster off and lay it on the floor, tension screw facing up..... do not touch it. Second, make trip to local sporting good store and buy some frisbee golf equipment. Third, contact a local junior shooter that understands "righty tighty, lefty loosey" and have them come pick up holster off the floor. Fourth, donate holster to said junior shooter. Lastly, enjoy fribee golf.

LOL!

C'mon. This shit is funny. Your complaint about the holster was a bit tongue in cheek itself, so you gotta understand people will just join in the fun. Don't take it so serious.

I really think you got a bad unit. I own two 014's. I am not using them at the moment because I discovered I like Kydex, but I beat the shit out of both of 'em.

The only thing I hate is that they stopped anodizing them and using paint.

Edited by JaeOne3345

I think it's recognised the 2 little straps for the back of the belt attachment are too thin and made out of aluminium when they really need to be steel.

luckily a shooter on here (posted in this thread) makes replacements that are much stronger for reasonable money. :)

• 1 month later...

My 014 is my favorite holster, it took a bit of tinkering to get it just right. I have it bolted directly to the belt so no worries about breaking it off. Not being a smart ass but are you doing anything with the lock while using the tensioning knob ? If my lock is on I can try to rip the belt off without successfully removing the pistol, with it unlocked I can bump the pistol free.

In the spirt of hijacking, i've noticed some play or looseness where the ball is clamped down. It's just a bit of movement and not a functionally issue but I have all 3 screws cranked down and it's still there. Does anyone else have this issue ? Any fixes ?

I have seen the problem with the tensioner on my 014. When I got it, I took it completely apart to do some adjusting. When I put it back together the tensioner did not work.

I took it back apart and looked at the parts and how they should fit together. Turns out if the tensioner screw is not aligned correctly it will tighten on the frame of the holster. It will be tight but I the gun is loose. Try taking the screw out. Loosen the screw on the bottom of the holster so the guts can move a little. Look through the screw hole and be sure everything is aligned correctly before putting the tensioner screw back in.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AICS308