Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra Prime - the true story

Yeah, I emailed them yesterday. Supposedly they had to rework the design slightly again to ensure everything works correctly. I like the Winchester primers because they work and they are inexpensive by me. Would be nice if they can get them feeding correctly.

They said mid May delivery. Guess Im stabbing primers for another month or so. :mellow:

• 5 weeks later...

i gave mine away even after doing all of these mods and having multiple people who love them check mine out. not worth the time and frustration to me and I load quite a bit. would rather hunt and peck than deal with this product, even at $23

• 3 weeks later...

couple of dumb questions for u.

I got mine the other day. seems to work well and I didn't have to clean up too much flashing. I assumed though, mistakenly that I could fill my spare hornady tubes off of the vibra prime tube, but doing this turns the primers upside down. So in order to keep the correct orientation I need to go direct from the vibraprime into the press tube. Or am I overlooking something?

I would like to get a setup down to where I could store 5-10 extra tubes full of primers ready to resupply the press quickly so I could pound out rounds fast in a reloading session. What would you recommend doing in that case? I tried taking the vibraprime tube out of the black plastic piece that plugs into the blue unit. But that sucker is in there tight. I'm not sure how much force the OP used to get his tube out? I'm wondering if going to the hardware store and just buying some correct size aluminum tubing, cutting to length and drilling a hole for the cotter pin, and capping the top with something for storage would be a good way out???

I got mine the other day. seems to work well and I didn't have to clean up too much flashing. I assumed though, mistakenly that I could fill my spare hornady tubes off of the vibra prime tube, but doing this turns the primers upside down. So in order to keep the correct orientation I need to go direct from the vibraprime into the press tube. Or am I overlooking something?

I would like to get a setup down to where I could store 5-10 extra tubes full of primers ready to resupply the press quickly so I could pound out rounds fast in a reloading session. What would you recommend doing in that case? I tried taking the vibraprime tube out of the black plastic piece that plugs into the blue unit. But that sucker is in there tight. I'm not sure how much force the OP used to get his tube out? I'm wondering if going to the hardware store and just buying some correct size aluminum tubing, cutting to length and drilling a hole for the cotter pin, and capping the top with something for storage would be a good way out???

I'm not sure why your primers are flipping, I do know you are technically supposed to fill the VP tube then in to your press, but I don't do it that way.

I have 15 tubes now.... 3 are stock Dillon tubes, the other 12 I did a little research on what the OD/ID of the filler tubes are and then I ordered 2 6ft sections of tube stock and cut my own. I bought Dillion's filler tube tips and use those on the ones I made. I also have a few where I just drilled and put a cotter pin through it like you suggested. Instead of spending hundreds on extra tubes I think it cost me. Grand total of about 30 minutes and roughly $25.

If you want to remove the black plastic lug on the VP tube...pliers and twist. The tube has ears on it that holds it in to the plastic lug.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Vanniek71

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up for this thread

I did finally get my "new and improved" VibraPrime yesterday via a warranty claim. Not sure what they changed. Have not tested it yet.

I'm not sure why your primers are flipping, I do know you are technically supposed to fill the VP tube then in to your press, but I don't do it that way.

I have 15 tubes now.... 3 are stock Dillon tubes, the other 12 I did a little research on what the OD/ID of the filler tubes are and then I ordered 2 6ft sections of tube stock and cut my own. I bought Dillion's filler tube tips and use those on the ones I made. I also have a few where I just drilled and put a cotter pin through it like you suggested. Instead of spending hundreds on extra tubes I think it cost me. Grand total of about 30 minutes and roughly $25.

If you want to remove the black plastic lug on the VP tube...pliers and twist. The tube has ears on it that holds it in to the plastic lug.

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

think the cost you are quoting is just for the tubing, checked the tips for both ends of the tube(58.99), tubing (29.63), so they come to 88.62 for 12 tubes or 7.38 ea, or 8.65 ea for the assembled tubes. Prices are with shipping. So about 1.27 saved per tube.

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

think the cost you are quoting is just for the tubing, checked the tips for both ends of the tube(58.99), tubing (29.63), so they come to 88.62 for 12 tubes or 7.38 ea, or 8.65 ea for the assembled tubes. Prices are with shipping. So about 1.27 saved per tube.

Don't need tips for the top as I fill them right out of my VP.

And can save $$ on the bottom tips by drilling a hole in the tube and sticking a cotter pin through it. If you go that route the tubes are super cheap. Just make sure you add 1/2" or so to compensate for the tips not being on there

• 9 months later...

I realize this thread is almost a year old, but figured I might get a better response here

I just got a vibra prime, and right out of the box it is working perfectly with S&B small pistol. Gobbles them right up and I'm happy.

Not so much with the large pistol. The primers enter the drop hole in the tray, flip sideways and just get stuck. No amount of shaking or tapping will get it unstuck.

I used a small needle file to clean up the hole, but no improvement. I'm a little concerned about making the hole too big? Any suggestions?

I'm just using the Dillon tubes with no plastic adapter.

Edited by rev1911

I'm just using the Dillon tubes with no plastic adapter.

You might try it with the stuff they send with it.

Yep I did, no difference. The primers aren't even making it past the hole in the clear tray.

I'm gonna try more sanding this weekend. I figure it couldn't get any worse, the large pistol side is basically useless right now.

As jmorris suggested nine runs best with the included fa tube which I then dump straight into the press.

The few I had hang up near the hole was from anvils that stick up a hair higher than others and was dragging on the top cover. Next time one sticks there try a little upward pressure on the top cover. I bet that frees it.

With federal primers, the regular tube mine is now running 100% with no mods at all. Now takes maybe 10 seconds to fill a tube. I don't bother filling dillon tubes now. Just fill the fa tube and dump in the press as needed.