Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 Thumbs up for Johnny Glocks trigger kit

igolfat8

Hey all thanks for the stellar reviews I really do put my heart and soul into every trigger Group. There has been question about production legality of my trigger. If you do want to shoot the production division or if you are going to use the trigger for any type of competition please contact me so I can reposition the set screw hole so there is no question whatsoever of being able to see it.Remember just about anything is possible as far as the configuration of the 3 kits I offer my only rule is safety first.Thanks Again

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update. I finally got to run my glock enough to give it a good review. I ended up using the 6lb trs and the 4.5lb striker to have complete 100% reliability with small rifle primers. All of the. Light off but the trigger pull is alot heavier than with the 4lb striker spring.

Dont matter if its alittle heavier the short reset; almost no travel and 100reliability makes it worth the extra lb on the trigger pull.

The 4.5# spring should increase your trigger pull approximately 5-6 oz. over the 4.0# spring.

Yes but not when u cut the 3 coils off the safety block spring and use the 4lb striker spring.

I had to use the 6lb trigger return, the 4.5lb striker and the uncut safety block spring.

Edited by RippSpeed

there really should be no real reason to have to use Small Rifle Primers in a Glock. My open gun load makes a 174pf w/ standard small pistol primers.

because I use small rifle in my limited STI and open ... so I gave up a extra 1lb of trigger pull for the convenience of using 1 primer for everything I load...

I called and ordered one of Johnny's triggers today. I actually texted him Saturday after I got off work and he texted me back today then called and talked with me about what I wanted. I feel really good about going with his trigger. This thread was kind of expensive for me to read. I was not even looking for a trigger but after reading I thought I could use one.

In my opinion, John has solved every issue with the usual complaints of the Glock trigger. And he does it with one on one personal attention to what YOU want...if you call, he will answer the phone or call you back in short order...I'm not usually a forum post guy, but I can't begin to tell you what an absolute pleasure he is to deal with. Hands down the most crisp, slop free trigger for the Glock you can buy.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I drove to Sarasota, FL this weekend from Chapel Hill, NC (12 hours) to have my competition Glock trigger worked on by none other than Johnny Glock himself. I must say, it was well worth the investment. I have been on the hunt for the perfect feeling trigger pull in my G34 since I started shooting competitively, and sadly I've wasted a lot of money and time in the process. I've literally tried them all, including doing my own work. Some came close, and all were better than stock, but none of them had that beautiful glass smooth, light, short travel pull that you would expect to find on a high-end DA gun. But this one absolutely does. This trigger is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Zero pre or over travel, no wall at all, and it's a sub 2 pound pull (mine is 1.8 pounds). It's absolutely incredible and I would recommend that anyone shooting a Glock that wants to squeeze every bit of performance out of their gear to consider contacting Johnny Glock. You won't be disappointed.

Guys, I drove to Sarasota, FL this weekend from Chapel Hill, NC (12 hours) to have my competition Glock trigger worked on by none other than Johnny Glock himself. I must say, it was well worth the investment. I have been on the hunt for the perfect feeling trigger pull in my G34 since I started shooting competitively, and sadly I've wasted a lot of money and time in the process. I've literally tried them all, including doing my own work. Some came close, and all were better than stock, but none of them had that beautiful glass smooth, light, short travel pull that you would expect to find on a high-end DA gun. But this one absolutely does. This trigger is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Zero pre or over travel, no wall at all, and it's a sub 2 pound pull (mine is 1.8 pounds). It's absolutely incredible and I would recommend that anyone shooting a Glock that wants to squeeze every bit of performance out of their gear to consider contacting Johnny Glock. You won't be disappointed.

Glad to hear you like his work. But, I hope you had other reasons to travel there!! That's an expensive trigger if you include the cost of gas!!

Wow, the skepticism is amazing, but I suppose it's justified.

JBP55: It was hard for me to imagine that such a trigger existed too but I can assure you that it does indeed. I have one :) But to be fair, Johnny Glock's version isn't the only one on the market without any pre and over travel. I first bought The Vogel trigger from Glocktriggers.com and it had very little travel and was also adjustable but it wasn't as light as I wanted. I also experimented with various connectors and the best I found was the Taran Tactical connector. I ended up swapping out my Vogel connector for the Taran connector. That gave me the feel I wanted and the limited travel but it was still too heavy of a trigger for my taste. The Johnny Glock trigger was the only system that had everything I wanted. I see you are in Louisiana. My wife is a professional archer and competes in Louisiana at least twice a year. Depending on where you're located, you are welcome to meet up with me and try it for yourself. However, you can easily see from Johnny's youtube videos that there is no pre or over travel:

As far as my first post goes, I joined this forum for the sole reason to post to this thread because before I decided to try the Johnny Glock trigger, I found this discussion and decided that I would update it when I got mine in hand, for better or for worse. Thankfully I'm a happy customer so you guys get to hear my smiling through the keyboard. :)

My brother-in-law lives in Tampa, and hour north of Sarasota where Johnny Glock is located. I used the trip to visit family and to get my Glock dialed in.

As far as my first post goes, I joined this forum for the sole reason to post to this thread because before I decided to try the Johnny Glock trigger, I found this discussion and decided that I would update it when I got mine in hand, for better or for worse. Thankfully I'm a happy customer so you guys get to hear my smiling through the keyboard. :)

My brother-in-law lives in Tampa, and hour north of Sarasota where Johnny Glock is located. I used the trip to visit family and to get my Glock dialed in.

That is a perfectly good reason to travel!! Good for you. It is easy to be skeptical on the net. Thanks for defending yourself. Now, please go shoot the heck out of that pistol and tell us about it. Video is even better!!

RangerTrace, will do. I have yet to put 1 round through it unfortunately. I've probably dry fired it about 1,000 times in the last 2 days but no lead yet. As soon as I get back home (leaving tomorrow) I'll be hitting the range and I'll let you know how it performs. I also have a local match this weekend so I'll really be able to put it through it's paces there as well. I'll try to get some video for you too.

I have used McGlock, Glocktriggers, Johnny Glocks, DK, Vanek, Glockworx, Joe D Conversions done by two different triggermen and many others and I have worked on more than 200 Glocks so I am fairly familiar with different Glock triggers.

If I was within an hours drive of Sarasota, Florida I would let Johnny Glocks build one for me. If I was within an hours drive of White Pine, Tennessee I would let DK Triggers build one for me.

I would not mislead everyone by saying I drove 12 hours for the sole purpose of having trigger work done as your first post implied.

I am in the Baton Rouge, LA. area, let me know when you are in this area.

Happy Shooting.

Edited by JBP55

Well, I'm not trying to defend anyone here and I don't own anything other that a full custom ZEV and a few other stock Glocks (as far as Glocks go). But I do understand the excitement and loyalty one feels when they find a product they like and trust. Believe me, when I got my first Infinity, I bled and peed Infinity blue, so I really do know how it goes.

So does Austringer really exist and like/love/trust Johnny's work? We will have to see if he does the work to prove it. Personally, I wish Johnny would become a forum Vendor.

JBP55, I'm sorry if you feel like I mislead anyone but that simply isn't the case. The sole purpose for my trip was to get my trigger worked on and I just so happen to have a place to stay somewhat nearby. What does it matter if I flew to moon to get a trigger job done? The results are the only thing that matters. I could have purchased a whole new firearm with the money I've spent on looking for the right trigger system (for me) so the distance wasn't a factor. Also, I wanted to make absolutely certain that I got what I wanted and I knew my chances of getting that was greater by being onsite with the gunsmith rather than trusting a drop in that shows up in the mail. Now that I've seen the process, I won't hesitate to order subsequent drop in kits.

I'm not sure where the negativity is coming from but this is why I never bother with these forums. I thought I would share some good news with everyone but it doesn't seem like it is being received that way. If I told you that I drove to California to discover the cure for cancer would you point out that I was misleading people because I stayed with a friend in San Diego? By the way, if I did discover the cure, I might just sign up for a few forums to let some people know about it and my first post might sound like an endorsement for the cure, because it would be!