Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use Invictus Practical Holster Hanger?

I have one 2.8 and am waiting for them to come back in stock to order another. Really like these. They are nicely made. I am going to order one of their holster hangers for the holster I am having made. If the quality is as good as the shotshell caddies, it should be good. I was going to use a Blade Tech D/OS, but saw these and thought they would be worth a try. Has anyone used them and how do you like them? There are two sizes - a long and a short. Which one do you recommend? By looking at the information on the web site, it appears that the short one can offset between .5 and 1.0" while the long one can offset .5-.75". Not sure why the difference. The short one drops the holster 1.5-2.75" and the long 2.25-3.5". Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the owner, he sells 3 times as many long as short and that the short is approximately as long as the Blade Tech D/OS or shorter and the longer is as long as the D/OS or longer. I ordered the longer one. I must say that he answers your questions very quickly. Seems like a good guy.

Edited by bigarm

Kevin Pratt is one of the most stand up guys in the industry right now... his Customer service is bar none the best... he is still a one man show, but he takes pride in what he does and makes one hell of a product.

Email him with questions, he will get right back. I ordered a set of the 2.8's on monday of last week and had them at my door a day and a half later.

Been using a prototype for a couple months now. Got it set up on a QLS hook with an ALS holster. It has been very solid, doesn't wiggle around or what have you, hasn't come loose. It offers a lot of adjustability, but one nifty thing to remember on these is that it mates with multiple belt mounting options as well as multiple holsters........which means you buy one hanger that can live on with your gear as you change things out over time, switch platforms, etc.

Gave some feedback on the prototype to Kevin, and I know he got some feedback from some other users as well. Those comments were fed into his design, which is now what you see as the released version. I received that version yesterday, but haven't gotten to mount it up yet. I have no reservations at this time that it is a quality product.

Kevin has been great, his communication, positive, and open-minded approach are first rate.

Edited by AustinWolv

I got mine setup today. I got the short one. It definitely gives you more flexibility and stability. As usual Kevin's customer is unreal. Ordered mine late Friday night, had it in my mailbox Monday with standard shipping. Checkout his shotgun loaders too!

I have one of the early models. The new ones look awesome. I shoot with a guy that just got one and is using it with a WRS. I think he said he used some spacers to make it work. I love mine.

Edited by urikagold

UPDATE: Freaking hanger is AWSOME!!!!

The hanger is used in conjunction with a bladetech WRS, with all the possible adjustment the height of the hanger is perfect! Both my draw and te holster is much smoother! Event the release mechanism is easier to use!

Only problem tho is that the old screws from the original DOH needs to be drilled out in order to install the hanger.

Yes. I ordered a holster from Tac-Tech-Cal holsters, actually a whole rig: holster, 4 pistol mag pouches and 1 AR mag pouch, in two tone color scheme. His website says approximately 6 weeks. Should look nice and hopefully have better retention than my CR Speed holster I am currently using.

Thanks YellowShooter. Are those custom spacers? Could you just mount the holster directly to the hanger? What length screws did you have to use and what are those spacers made of if custom?

Thanks YellowShooter. Are those custom spacers? Could you just mount the holster directly to the hanger? What length screws did you have to use and what are those spacers made of if custom?

All the mounting hardware were provided with the kit!

The kit had spacers, all the screws and backscrews! All you will need to have it just the way you want it.

That hanger looks nice and I'm in the market to get one, I was looking at the "Boss Hanger" through Benstoeger pro shop but the AP hanger looks sweet. I'm wondering what is the difference between the MOD_HP-L and the HH-L? I am looking to get the long version

Just ordered one today, the long one. Kevin was a pleasure to deal with, great customer service. Running the blade-tech WRS and this looks like it will drop it off my belt a little and keep it stable while running.