Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor Freelance Barrel Shroud

RJH

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so this is something that I started with M&P's a year or so back. I'm interested in what you all are doing to clean the residue out of the FSB. I'm getting a good bit of buildup beyond the end of the barrel but still inside the bore of the fsb. I used Aluminum for the 9mm versions and steel for the .40.

Edited by wgj3

Ok, so this is something that I started with M&P's a year or so back. I'm interested in what you all are doing to clean the residue out of the FSB. I'm getting a good bit of buildup beyond the end of the barrel but still inside the bore of the fsb. I used Aluminum for the 9mm versions and steel for the .40.

The barrel is extended to the end on the shroud. A G22 uses a G 35 threaded barrel. So not much part of the shroud is actually exposed to fouling.

Hey All,

The skeletonized 9mm version has been through five different variations. The struggle continues to be finding a design that works for both "Gens" and looks right.

Attached please find a screenshot of what I suspect (with some corrections) will be the final product. Compared to the earlier model, this matches the slide profile better, and has a built-in "chin job" common to custom Glock 24s.

post-1722-0-83223400-1442782485_thumb.jp

Edited by Robin Taylor

I see a post or two here from people interested in doing this to a S&W M&P. Do you folks have a suggestion as to what threaded barrel you'd like to use? I'm not 100% committed to doing an FSB for the Smith, but if the 9mm Glock variant goes the way we hope, a 9mm Smith will be right behind it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing yet, still waiting for space to open up on the mills.

We're playing catch-up after being hit by some big orders from Midway, Brownells, and some LE organizations. It's a good problem to have, but it's delaying new stuff like the 9mm Sight Block and a magwell/basepad set for the Walther PPQ.

RE: For the G17 or for a G22 with a conversion barrel?

Working on new versions for both slides. The current part would fit a conversion-barrel gun, but the resulting slide would be very heavy for caliber. I'd be surprised if it worked with anything but full-power 9mm loads -- rather like putting a conversion barrel into a Glock 24.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...