Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor Freelance Barrel Shroud

RJH

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure, right after I buy the barrel! On the plus side I did get a chance to put my cut down 35 block on and shoot it Sat. Only had a chance to shoot about 125 rounds. Felt really good with major 40 ammo and did not move with minor 40 ammo. Not sure if it really s recoiling less or it is just the front sight not cycling but seemed to stay on target a lot better than regular slide. Unfortunately with my complete tear of my ACL I won't be able to shoot it in competition for awhile though.

I do need to move the rear sight over a touch, hitting just left. Also think I am going to need a slightly taller front sight to bring the impact down a little.

I played with my G22 Kurtz a little today and drilled out the guide rod hole a little to close the gap a touch. I ended up buying a Gen 3 G22 for this project because everyone needs another Glock.

I recovered from my brainfart and realized I could take out the guide rod and get another rotation.

Here is how that looks...

F69217A7-48D2-40E1-8BE6-E2AD48C9DD54_zps

Edited by dogtired

40/9 barrel and threading to be able to run the 9/16x24 sight block. I am not a salesman for them, just a reporter. ;-)

I just looked at the website, barrels are on sale for $89 and threading is $90.

Edited by dogtired

Not yet, but I did sit down and modify all the remaining 40-cal Sight Blocks to work with a Gen 4-to-Gen 3 recoil spring conversion. I'd set them up originally for the Gen. 3, not realizing that the Gen. 4's larger-diameter spring moves the recoil guide rod down slightly.

Next version I'll be looking for ways to run a stock Gen. 4.

Do you have any idea at this point how much tweaking it would need to run correctly on an un-modified Gen 4? I just ordered my barrel and a full zev ult kit, have a Glock 22 Gen 4, will likely order the block in the next week or so.... Trying to decide which magwell.

The gen4 needs a bigger guide rod hole, Robin has drilled out the ones he sells for the Gen4 per an earlier post. The only problem I had was the guide rod bottoming out with the shortened version, a trip to the drill press cured that.

The gen4 needs a bigger guide rod hole, Robin has drilled out the ones he sells for the Gen4 per an earlier post. The only problem I had was the guide rod bottoming out with the shortened version, a trip to the drill press cured that.

The earlier post I read as he had drilled them to work with a Gen 4 Gun with a Gen 3 Recoil System, and in the quoted post Robin stated that his next version should work with a "Stock Gen 4".

That's the way I read it, I could be wrong and that is why I posted, so that if anyone else wanted to know instead of him just getting multiple PM's.

KKJ-Out

• 2 weeks later...

We want the 9mm version!!!!!

seriously, I should upload a pic of my G17 Gen 4 tricked out and ready to go... w/ a G17L threaded barrel.... It looks ridiculous right now. SOO close to having a bad ass Glock Sight Tracker steel challenge gun too.

Hey Folks,

I won another steel match shooting the 9mm prototype this weekend. (The Pac NW Steel Championship.)

Don't be impressed, the PACNW is a small regional match -- I mention it because the "system" ran beautifully. No malfunctions for roughly the last 500 rounds, and I managed to stay ahead of similarly-skilled shooters (notably Richard Morgan, who drove a conventional Glock 34).

Load is a 135-grain MT Gold RN, driven by 4.2 grains of 231, loaded long.

Sight block is radically lightened, and topped with a Hi-Viz green fiber.

Recoil spring has the Dale Rhea (of Rhea Guns fame) trick done to it. (Put your stock recoil spring in an electric drill, like it was a drill bit, then -- with the drill running, use a bench grinder or belt sander to grind down the sides -- putting a wide "wasp waist" into the spring. Narrowing the middle of the spring creates a progressive-weight recoil spring -- easy unlocking, rapid closing.)

Attached photo shows the system in action (taken earlier).