Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

At the risk of angering a few people, I don't get all this talk about selling a Stock II for what people will pay being against "the spirit of the classifieds". It's not as if this is a product people NEED in order to compete. Its something people want. Its something the people that want one are willing to pay for it. Meaning nobody's getting ripped off. It seems the buyers and the sellers are both pretty happy. There are plenty of people willing to pay a premium to own the "unicorn". Sounds like an open and shut case of supply and demand. Why the hostility toward the sellers?

I think there is a perception maybe that guns are being flipped on the classifieds here which I think there is a policy/rule against....eg...someone orders a tanfo or 2 from a local dealer, they wait a year to get it and pay retail, then put it on classifieds here and double there money on it.

That is what is generating hostility, whether above is the case or not, its perception.

Considering the rarity of these things I actually appreciate that the sellers offered to sell it here first than auctioning it somewhere else where there's always the possibility of selling it for more. The last ones I've seen posted here were pretty much the ongoing rate for a brand new Stock II. Consider yourself lucky to get one from a dealer at retail. Hopefully, these things will become more available soon.

I think there is a perception maybe that guns are being flipped on the classifieds here which I think there is a policy/rule against....eg...someone orders a tanfo or 2 from a local dealer, they wait a year to get it and pay retail, then put it on classifieds here and double there money on it.

That is what is generating hostility, whether above is the case or not, its perception.

Good point...I didnt think about people flipping guns...

There seems to be a general distaste for "flippers" both here and in society at large which baffles me; why is it OK for Joe's Guns to buy a pistol for $600 and sell it for $850, but when Joe the shooter does the same, he's ripping someone off? Is it because the owner of Joe's Guns has a physical store? a license from the government?

Should individuals be held to a different moral standard than collective entities like corporations, governments, etc.?

I don't have an issue with flippers. Its the way the world goes 'round. But if there is a rule against it in the classifieds it shouldn't be allowed here. HOWEVER, who are we to question a seller? Perhaps the people so upset are just jealous?

This type of thing reminds me of the guy who buys up all the powder he can on powder valley etc, and within 5mins its sold out and then the next week it is on gun broker for twice the amount and some fool buys it so he keeps doing it over and over again until he runs out of fools, thats the way free market works...

Perhaps the people so upset are just jealous?

Every time I feel the urge to look down on the seller, think him a sucker, I remind myself he could so much money the difference between $1K and $2K is completely insignificant. Besides, who am I to judge :ph34r:

_20140514_072224_zpszwnqnrr1.jpg

There seems to be a general distaste for "flippers" both here and in society at large which baffles me; why is it OK for Joe's Guns to buy a pistol for $600 and sell it for $850, but when Joe the shooter does the same, he's ripping someone off? Is it because the owner of Joe's Guns has a physical store? a license from the government?

Should individuals be held to a different moral standard than collective entities like corporations, governments, etc.?

I have no problem with flippers, but the classified rules are pretty clear. They don't use the word flipper but if you are buying things with intent to sell for a profit then you are a dealer. The classifieds are for the member community, which does not pay, to have a way to buy/sell/trade with one another.

You are considered a Dealer if you:

• Buy anything with the intent to resell it.

• Sell the same new/unused item(s) more than twice in a year.

That's all. I'm not a mod, don't really care, just taking a stab at why people are pissed.

I dont know if I am a "flipper" in a business sense but there were a few times where I purchased a firearm and then after a couple of months was not a fan so I resold it. Its not like a car where you can test drive it before you buy it so a ;pt people purchase things based on reviews and not in hand trial. I can see if it is a "pattern" for a seller but it would be hard to regulate