Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rts2 or deltapoint 2

craigsteffek

I am looking at getting a micro optic to replace my cmore on my sv open gun. I have read that the rts2 have been having issues and i know that the dp2 will not be out to next month. What I am looking for is pro and cons of each.

Thanks for your help

Craig

I have a DeltaPoint on my Open gun. Seems to work fine but its fiddly to sight in due to the small torx screws that they use.

Also when tightening the locking screws it sometimes causes the dot to move... The DP2 uses allen-head screws so hopefully it will be easier to sight in.

I too am quite pleased with the Delta Point, on a Carver mount. I bought long handle torx drivers, and have no issues adjusting my DP. I have tweaked zero once, since last August.

No experience with the RTS2.

I have been looking intensely at the Micro Red Dot Choices for an Open Glock Build in my near future. So far the Top Contenders, in no specific order.

1. RTS2, I have heard that the newest versions coming directly from Cmore, vs Old Stock on a shelf, might have the Battery contact issues fixed, I am still a bit off from getting one, so time will tell.

$420 is a bit Pricey but not the most expensive.

I like the look of the size of the window. On a SJC Micro Dot mount I think that the height over bore would be fine, I just cannot tolerate the look of the 90 deg cmore mounts. The major benefit of the HUD type red dots is that you have no obstructions transitioning to the left or to the right, Just My Opinion, and having all that bulk hanging off the side is unacceptable.

2. The "New" Ultradot L/T as it is displayed on Ultradotusa.com looks promising, I have had a few Ultra Dot scopes on Bullseye guns in the past and they were always great. It looks a lot like the RTS2 with a Picitanny mount. They have a Lifetime warranty, ,and the price point is about $250, looks like a close comparison to the RTS2.

Had never looked at this Sight, until I received my new Dillon Blue Press catalog yesterday, there is an article about the Junior Shooter, Michael (Something, sorry I can't Remember)...He is the Captain of the Junior Open team for the World Shoot, He is the youngest GM....He and his Father Both run the Ultradot L/T. So I looked it up.

3. Liked the look of the Original Leupold Delta Point, saw the SHOT show 2014 footage of the "New Delta Point 2. Looks like they have made some great improvements, 1/32" Allen for the Adjustment locks, Manual Mode for the Brightness, Window is reportedly bigger, battery change out, without removal. I can't tell from their web site if the Warranty is Lifetime or 2 years. $500 makes this the most expensive that I am looking at.

Bottom Line: I want the Largest Window, mounted the Lowest possible to the bore. Man is somebody going to make a fortune when they figure out how to integrate the Window size of a Cmore Slideride, with the electronics size of the Micros, into SJC size Mount. Come On!! Make the window and the LED part of the Mount, and hide your battery and controls in the sides. Maybe I should shut up and start inventing.

Edited by Jamiethesquid

I have two RTS2's and two original Deltapoints.....I have had issues with both. But either company was easy to deal with regarding problems....however I would give Cmore systems the edge in customer service ( just my experience). I have no idea what the Deltapoint 2 is like but for a "Open" handgun I like the RTS 2 much more than the original Deltapoint.

• 4 months later...

I have two RTS2's and two original Deltapoints.....I have had issues with both. But either company was easy to deal with regarding problems....however I would give Cmore systems the edge in customer service ( just my experience). I have no idea what the Deltapoint 2 is like but for a "Open" handgun I like the RTS 2 much more than the original Deltapoint.

Can you post a side by side picture of the RTS2 and Deltapoint? Really want to get one, but none of the stores in my area have an RTS2 to do a side-by-side comparison.

I suspect that one of the reasons that people have issues with these scopes is that perhaps they are not locking down the adjustment screws correctly so the LED plate is moving under recoil. I have about 3000 rounds on my slide-mounted DeltaPoint, and it was riding on my Open gun (frame mount) for 1.5 years before that.