Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max Mag Spring

elynch2007

I installed the Nordic MXT +7 tube from my 1100 on a new Versa Max using a new Versa Max nut and the old spring and that was cut at 14 inches in the 1100. The last round was not feeding on the Versa Max and only measured 13 inches in the Versa Max. Installed a new Nordic spring, I thought I would start long and cut until I could load 11 in the mag. So cut it 17 inches and installed, found 11 would go in to the mag with around 3/8 inch to spare.

Is this too much spring for a Versa Max with a +7 tube? Seems to be working great as is.

I was hoping that you or your dad would reply here. The old spring was the older style dark spring and has ran very good in the 1100 for me. The tube on the Versa Max must be a little longer. The new spring is the stainless looking spring. 17 inches past the tube just seemed to be much more than I thought, but I wanted to start long. I have seen many times here that 14 for a +6 tube is about normal. I am going to drop back to around 15 inches to give more of a buffer for loading the last round.

Thanks