Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone shoot 135gr bullets?

Sandbagger123

Wow I hope not. I bought 500 BBI 135's to experiment with. I thought they might be a great compromise.

What load did you try? I was going to try some 320.

I have had great luck with Bayou and Ibejiheads 135gr bullets. Same accuracy as the other bullet weights I have tried. 3.4gr Titegroup under a 135 Ibejihead or Bayou at 1.135OAL out of my 5.25 XDM makes 133PF all day long and is very accurate. I like mine sized at .357, perhaps that helps.

135 reloads from Automatic Accuracy perform as well in my gun as the Atlanta Arms and Ammo 147 reloads. Those two are at the top of the heap, and everything else I've tried does not do as well.

Yep. 135 Grain Bayou Bullets. What gun are you shooting? 3.6 Grains of N320 at 1.135 OAL will get you 135PF with excellent accuracy using a G34. 3.7 grains at 1.135 OAL using a Trojan gets 132PF and is a tack driver.

135gn are probably one of the more popular projie weight here in aus for guys shooting 9mm in production.

I've shot heaps. 135gn RN, 135gn RN without lube groove, 135GN flat base SWC, 135gn RN CMJ.

I like the 135gn RN CMJs from frontier. they shoot very nicely.

They are a good middle ground between the slow shooting 147 loads and the faster 124gn loads.

Play around with OAL a bit. I found with one type in particular groups got tighter as OAL got shorter! I know. weird.

Play around with OAL a bit. I found with one type in particular groups got tighter as OAL got shorter! I know. weird.

Mine and a few others found our G34's were more accurate and shot tighter groups at shorter oal's so maybe not all that weird.

I use 135gr BBI's for a 3-gun load in a 2011. 3.0Gr N310. Don't have to worry about PF it just has to knock down steel but it comes in around 125. When I run out of N310, which will be soon, I'll switch to Titegroup.

Mine and a few others found our G34's were more accurate and shot tighter groups at shorter oal's so maybe not all that weird.

thanks Sarge. it goes against most people who load as long as they can to be just off the lands but in my CZ shadow with this one particular bullet type (135gn RN fronteir CMJ) as I went shorter from 1.1 down to 1.090 down to 1.080 and right down to 1.070 they just got tighter and tighter groups. I ended up using mostly 1.075-1.080 as I felt the 1.070 was getting a little short but they shoot beautifully and group noticeably better than the exact same load at a longer OAL.

All it tells me is that every time you change something (powder, primer, projie, gun, whatever) you need to test again and try stuff like different OAL to see which shoots best in that particular combination of items.

I shot them at 1.135" this weekend and the 25 yard groups were atrocious out of my G34. What OAL did you end up with Sarge? 3.6 gr of N320 made power factor for me, but just barely. Minimum power factor was 126, max was 132, average was 129 for 10 shots.

I shot them at 1.135" this weekend and the 25 yard groups were atrocious out of my G34. What OAL did you end up with Sarge? 3.6 gr of N320 made power factor for me, but just barely. Minimum power factor was 126, max was 132, average was 129 for 10 shots.

1.13 with 124 MG CMJ 4.2 320 made 134 PF and was the best grouping load I found for mine at the time.

1.13 with 124 MG CMJ 4.2 320 made 134 PF and was the best grouping load I found for mine at the time.

Sorry, I was talking about the 135 gr Coated lead bullets. I believe you were using BBI.

I shoot 135 gr epoxy coated bullets on my CZ SP01 Shadowline and CZ 85C with stock recoil springs. 3.2 gr to 3.4 gr W231 & Titegroup seems to fit my requirements. Soft recoil and accurate. I just don't have a chrono data for these loads. 125 gr seems to be snappy.

I load them with WSF @ 4.2gr with 1.125 off CZ

Which bullets?

Im using Extreme 135 grain round nose flat points loaded to 1.110, 3.9 grains of N320 and im getting 129k power factor which seems a little low out of a CZ shadow.

TGO posted on the revolver forum that he uses a135g jacketed Nosler and they are very very accurate in his revolver.

I never would have considered Nosler for a pistol bullets, pricey maybe for practice ammo, definitely would reserve for match, but very high quality as you'd expect from Nosler.