Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloaded Ammo Storage

I have .223 reloaded from back in "82" and I just stored it in the original boxes it came in. I have moved from cold humid to hot humid climates and it has been stored without concern in those conditions. I fired some off as late as last summer and noticed no significant difference from the more recently loaded ammo.

Rubbermaid plastic containers. If you don't have shelving put them on a wooden pallet so they don't contact a cement floor.

Why shouldn't the containers touch the concrete floor?

Rubbermaid plastic containers. If you don't have shelving put them on a wooden pallet so they don't contact a cement floor.

Why shouldn't the containers touch the concrete floor?

Condensation. Plastic directly on concrete is more susceptible to drawing moisture than if you get it up off it (ie on some wood, etc).

I have reloads that I will not be firing for a while, looking for tips for storage.

Container, desiccant, where to store, how long, etc.

I store all my ammo in a generic tool box from Walmart that I purchased for $10. I can fit about 2.5-3k in there. As long as you keep it from moisture and extreme temperature changes it should be fine in any type of sealed plastic

As noted, match ammo is bagged and labelled in 300 round lots in ZipLoks, then put into ammo cans. practice ammo is stored loose in ammo cans with a lot label. Ammo for immediate use will often end up in small cardboard boxes. A bag or a box is more than enough for a local match or a good practice.

ULINE sells commercial products, I use buckets from them, quart bucket will hold about 200 .45, The larger buckets seal when you shut them. For test loads they have plastic bags with a label surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk