Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi cap mags for Sti

3djedi

I was wanting to have a mag capacity of around 20 .40 rounds in my new STi.

Did I buy the wrong base pads?

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000045-1388517795

I got these and then realized there is another on his site. S.N.L. base pads. I cant see any difference looking at the pictures though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Those should work. I use these and Grams Spring (11 coil) and followers and get 20 after letting the springs settle a little bit. Had to load the mags all the way up and leave them for about 24 hours.

No problems with 20 reloadable in all my mags.

Depends entirely on the tube. STI tubes and SNLs are, in my experience, always legal. SV tubes and SNLs typically need the feed lips shaved to fit the gauge.

Bolen guts are ok in STI tubes but you better make sure they don't get caught on the bottom of the ribs and turn the mag into a salt shaker. Grams guts don't tend to salt shaker, but they typically hold a round less.

Edited by Seth

Ive got a stack of STI 140 tubes that had SNLs, where I filed the lips to fit the gauge. They now nosedive like a WW2 dive bomber (found out at Nationals), but fit the gauge with the SNL pads! I took just enough off the lips to get them to clear, which in my case was way too much.

Would love to get 21 +1 in at least one of my mags. We have way to many 20 round stages.

If your willing to work on your mags yourself you can get this. Freedom Gunworks has a thread about tuning mags and one part is squeezing the tube for correct dimensions. When I did this to one of my tubes I was able to get 22+1 to start and 21 easily re-loadable.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141880&view=getnewpost

hi

Would love to get 21 +1 in at least one of my mags. We have way to many 20 round stages.

I'm on the hunt for this as well.

I'm considering a CR speed tube, with TTI 4G2 basepad.... that might do it?

One of the guys I shoot with has rescomp tubes with the TTI 4G2 pads and he says he gets 22+1 not reloadable though, kind of like stuffing 29 rounds in an open big stick mag he uses it to start the stage

SV follower got me an extra half a round over the grams.

(my grams seem like that can hold 20.5 rounds...not quite enough to hold 21. The SV gave me enough room to get 21+1 to start.

STI tubes (untuned) and SNL pads