Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does ANYBODY stock STI 170mm mags for 9?

openclassterror

I am getting ready to put together an open class 2011 type pistol, (from Black Dog Gunworks), and have been looking for 170mm mags everywhere. Out of stocks everywhere I look. Can't even seem to find stripped 170 bodies. Does anybody know where I should look? Shooters connection was one of my first stops, but even Chuck was out. Tried Brownell's, Midway, all the biggies too.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Edited by openclassterror

I was JUST THERE on Monday and he had none! I guess I shoulda just kept checkin! Thanks guys, order on the way!

Tom

Edit- clicked the link, he is still out of complete mags, those are tubes only. Still have to find internals.

Edited by openclassterror

I emailed Chuck and he said the OUT OF STOCK notice was outdated, and if I had clicked on a caliber it would have shown inventory numbers. I just gave up too early I guess. He has them in stock, and removed to notice. Thanks guys, disaster averted!

Tom

Like Sarge said, stock STI mags hold fewer rounds. Stock STI 170 holds 26 9mm/.38S. With the right springs, follower and basepad, you can get at least 29.

You're better off getting a tube and aftermarket internals and basepad. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Not that I know of unless you buy them "tuned" from someone like Akai, Dawson, etc. All 9mm mags start from 38super mag tubes and you add parts from there.

Edited by klee