Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Texas 3 Gun Championship

April 9, 10, & 11, 2015

Home to the 2014 3 Gun Nation Southwest Regional, Copperhead Creek Shooting Club, a premier facility in Marble Falls, the heart of Texas, is proud to announce the 2015 Texas 3 Gun Championship on April 9th, 10th, and 11th of 2015. With its extravagant clubhouse, spacious bays, and beautiful natural terrain stages in the Texas Hill Country, expect to be welcomed to a world class match that will challenge the most skilled of competitors. This will be a trophy match to decide the best in Texas even if you’re from North Carolina! Sponsorships are being accepted for this match, a competitor’s match, requested by competitors, and ran by competitors.

• Minimal entry fee capped at 250 competitors
  • 10 expansive stages with high round counts
  • Prize Table by order of finish and random drawing
  • Working with the best gun clubs in Texas

Copperhead Creek Shooting Club will be introducing Craig Sewell as the Match Director of an event where all may leave with a smile due to the experience of a fun match where competitors nurture competitors. After the dust of the day’s competition has settled, you may fellowship in and around the clubhouse with your favorite beverage (byob) while enjoying expansive views of our country side. For up to date conversations concerning the match, hook up to Copperhead Creek Shooting Club’s Facebook page. Direct contact may be made by calling or emailing Craig (830-265-4950 / craig@copperheadclub.com).

This sounds really good. After shooting the EPIC match yesterday, these are some of the nicest bays I have seen and has the potential to make for some killer natural terrain stages as well.

ETA: On my calendar

Nick

Edited by nicholastheczar

Sounds great! As another one of the 50 EPIC3G participants, I can attest that what Nick stated about the venue is spot-on. Only problem will be that way more than 250 shooters will want to participate. I'll bet most of the folks who shot there this Sat will be anxiously awaiting registration to open for this new Texas 3 Gun Championship. It's already on my calendar!

This sounds really good. After shooting the EPIC match yesterday, these are some of the nicest bays I have seen and has the potential to make for some killer natural terrain stages as well.

ETA: On my calendar

Nick

I'm in only if I can stay with you ;)

Hey just my 2 cents... this club is great and the staff and facility are amazing. After shooting some monthly matches there and then the Epic 3 Gun on Saturday I feel certain this match will be fantastic. Sure to become the premiere match in the part of TX.

Edited by DJirasek

Saturday was my first time shooting there. And I must say I had a blast while being there. Great staff, ROs, sponsors, and great friends. I will definitely be joining everybody else in this great event.

On my calendar as well.

I've made all the local matches (except the last one, I was sick) at Copperhead. Thomas and Craig run a very good match. They are hammers down at 9 AM. Each stage is set up the day before (except cardboard targets) and the have a fixed R.O. for every stage. We are usually done between Noon and 1 PM. Best part Craig and Thomas listen to the shooters so every match is better than the last.

The clubhouse at Copperhead is first class, if you never shoot there you need to see the clubhouse.

I'm glad I live only 30 minutes away, makes for a fun day shooting.

Edited by The Donald

• 3 weeks later...

2015 Texas 3 Gun Championship (T3C)

April 9, 10, & 11, 2015

For up to date conversations concerning the match, hook up to Copperhead Creek Shooting Club’s Facebook page. Direct contact may be made by calling or emailing Craig (830-265-4950 / craig@copperheadclub.com).

The date for the 2015 Texas 3 Gun Championship (2015 T3C) has been moved to April 23, 24 & 25, 2015 due to the National NRA Conference scheduled for the 2nd weekend.
Also to clear up any confusion, the management of Texas Multi-gun (TXMG) will have nothing to do with the production of the 2015 Texas 3 Gun Championship. Yet, TXMG has over 500 first class competitors that are welcome to compete and many have given us verbal commitments to compete in this match next year.

Copperhead Creek Shooting Club is hosting with Craig Sewell as the Match Director but it is (CAT) Clear Advantage Tactical/
's staff and friends are producing the match. The CAT Team has a strong match history of highly competitive matches with the Precision 3 Gun Match, West, TX Benefit Match, and the most recent Epic 3 Gun Match at our range alone. And now the CAT Team is producing a monthly Night Match at dust on the first Saturday nights of the month at the Copperhead.
Due to the excitement, the second most asked question is, "When can I sign-up?". Immediately after the 3 Gun Nation Southwest Regional Championship in October 2014 at the Copperhead, the sign-up for the 2015 T3C will begin November 1, 2014.
Our Clear Advantage Tactical 3 Gun National Club Series Match is the second Saturday of each month except June 7th. At dust on the June 7th, The CAT Team is producing
a night match so bring your flash lights so you can make an adventure for the entire day. The night match will be on the First Saturday of the month. This is the only time both matches will be on the same day but Marble Falls has some great restaurants
for you to enjoy from about 3:00 PM til dust. The range also has a timed precision match at 2:00 PM on the Sundays following the 3 Gun match.

Edited by CopperheadCreek

SHOOTING DAYS ARE WHICH EXACTLY? The revised dates still state a Thursday to Sat match duration...versus a more traditional Friday-Sunday 3-day schedule (like TXMG - they run it as all-day Fri & Sat, half-day Sun)? Assuming this is a 3-day shoot, then the Thursday start is likely to create problems for lots of folks based on the extra vacation day required to un-ass themselves from their work chairs for both Thu & Fri. Or is this a 2-day match (Fri-Sat) with the RO shoot on Thursday? I'll sign-up regardless of the days, but I worry it will probe problematic for many shooters. Please confirm match days.

You are correct, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. The website will be up next week with all the correct information. We met again today and it looks like we are favoring an AM/PM slots instead of the one on/one off slots. This way you may shoot all your stages in a half day then visit the sponsors and the Texas Hill Country around Marble Falls the remaining half day.

SHOOTING DAYS ARE WHICH EXACTLY? The revised dates still state a Thursday to Sat match duration...versus a more traditional Friday-Sunday 3-day schedule (like TXMG - they run it as all-day Fri & Sat, half-day Sun)? Assuming this is a 3-day shoot, then the Thursday start is likely to create problems for lots of folks based on the extra vacation day required to un-ass themselves from their work chairs for both Thu & Fri. Or is this a 2-day match (Fri-Sat) with the RO shoot on Thursday? I'll sign-up regardless of the days, but I worry it will probe problematic for many shooters. Please confirm match days.

While the Thursday through Saturday match format similar to what is utilized at the FNH match is very nice, this match will be a traditional Friday-Sunday match for all the reasons you mentioned there. The dates are the 24th-26th of April, 2015. Add it to your schedule because it is not going to be something you want to miss.