Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack in .40

apowers1214

The STI Trojan is what I would suggest. Anything you get stock will need some extras, but that's normal. Check shooters connection they should have them in stock if there's none for sale in the forums.

Otherwise post a WTB add and see what repos you get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took the path suggested by posts above, regarding the Trojan.

Added an ambi safety, aftec extractor, Dawson Ice Magwell. And just picked up some of the Corey System mags.

I've put about 500 rounds through it so far and it is just an awesome gun for the money.

The only problems I've encountered have been the result of me, rather than the gun.

I did have to have the barrel throated to run the longer bullets I use in my limited guns. But it just seems like a great gun for the price.

I'm kind of in the same boat right now. I have been looking into a .40 single attack for a little while. I ran a 9mm Trojan a few years ago in IDPA. Awesome gun for the money IMHO. One of the few I regret selling. Would be interesting to hear from anyone with any experience with the Para or the Sig though. All 3 seem to be right around the same price point.

Edited by als14

The STI Trojan is what I would suggest. Anything you get stock will need some extras, but that's normal. Check shooters connection they should have them in stock if there's none for sale in the forums.

Otherwise post a WTB add and see what repos you get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love my Trojan .40 which happens to be a 6" slide.

I'm kind of in the same boat right now. I have been looking into a .40 single attack for a little while. I ran a 9mm Trojan a few years ago in IDPA. Awesome gun for the money IMHO. One of the few I regret selling. Would be interesting to hear from anyone with any experience with the Para or the Sig though. All 3 seem to be right around the same price point.

I like SIGs OK (I have a 226), not happy with the Para 1640 I own. It's total junk, build quality is crap. My admittedly biased opinion: buy a Trojan and you get the most affordable semi custom 1911 from a company that builds some of the best. Buy an overpriced Para and you get a dressed up mass made gun from a company who schlocks out guns by the truckload. Edited by bountyhunter

I will have to look at a STI I think. I have a custom edge I shoot for limited. I have shot the pro comp from Para and I liked it. I traded my para p-16 for the Kimber so I was just curious. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and opinions.

Both Para and Sig have new pistols with the names of their sponsored shooters-Max and Travis.

Both look pretty good.

I have a Trojan and would not buy another. Too many issues; cast frame, MIM parts, the barrel lug cracked.....

Of course STI handled the repair but shipping to and from got expensive.

SA makes a nice pistol too.

I have a Para and a Trojan. Both set up pretty much the same as far as trigger, safeties, etc. Not sure one is better than the other. Like the checkered front strap on the para. Like the flat top slide on the Trojan.

Get whichever you can find a decent deal on, add trigger job, mag well, and (depending on preference) a set of safeties, then go have fun!