Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Shadow USPSA Production Rig Sound-off

JPG

my first shadow rig for production (IPSC) was a CR speed belt, CR speed versa mag pouches (X5 with magnet on front pouch) and H&S CW5 race holster.

I've also run that rig with a DAA belt but prefered the CR speed.

Now running a new rig which is CR speed DELUXE belt, DAA racer mag pouches (X5 with magnet on front pouch) and DAA race master holster. but actually prefer the draw from my H&S holster. perhaps need more time 'running in' the DAA holster...

both set-ups have served me well. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 2c for how to adjust the BOSS. Set it all the way at the lowest track. Set the holster vertical: perpendicular to your belt. Tighten the screws just snug enough to not let the holster flop around. Get in your shooting stance, stay in it. Holster your gun. At vertical setting this probably is somewhat awkward. Now grab down on your gun as hard as you can in the holster so that it moves to your natural grasp angle. Remove gun, remove belt, mark the position, tighten your screws all the way, you're done.

Thanks for the tip. I just received my BOSS yesterday, and used your suggestion to set the cant. I was very surprised to see that it had to angle backward just a tad.

This attachment seems very solid. I can't wait to try it out.

First and only setup. BladeTech with the DOH removed, 5 Ghost pouches plus a magnet on first pouch for the +1 mag when needed, all on a CR belt. Not a single problem from the pistol, the belt, the holster or pouches. I was aiming for "buy once cry once" and I feel confident I hit my mark :)

The only real mod I did was to stick Velcro to the inner side of the pouch mounts. I've got the older style quick release type ghost mounts and it really sturdied up the whole belt.

That and ditching the DOH, that thing and I just did not play nice.

CR Speed belt, Bladetech DOH holster and DAA Racer pouches. I like the Racers mounted so the back of the mags are against the belt, bullets pointing out. The belt clasp is narrow on these pouches so they take up less real estate. No more reaching around to the middle of my back for the last couple of mags.

Boss Hanger, Bladetech Black Ice Holster, Ghost mag pouches, DAA Belt

The Boss hanger is what made this work (finally) I started using CZs about a year ago and I messed around with 4 different holsters and several self-modified hangers.

Ben's Boss Hanger setup addresses 2 huge issues I had with pretty much all brands making CZ Holsters

1. Allows an excellent grip on the gun while staying within the 2 inch limit.

2. Very sturdy and stiff mount. The pistol won't bind on the draw stroke no matter how hard you jam your hand down on the pistol or how fast you are on your draw stroke.

• 9 months later...

This thread really needs some pics so here is my prod rig.

I was not happy with anything I have tried and I have tried them all. So I took the things I liked about each setup and made my own.

Safariland 014 hanger. USPSA Kit modified to fit the Stinger plate - For me the nicest most adjustable hanger.

Ghost Stinger kydex and plate - For me the nicest looking and best retention kydex.

An expensive way to go but now I am happy and comfortable. Did the same thing for my SS rig.

gsl4.jpg

gsl.jpg

gsl2.jpg

gsl3.jpg

I was looking at doing the same as I cannot get a Safariland holster to fit my Beretta 92A1 but I love the USPSA hanger..... How did you get the hanger to fit the hole pattern on the Ghost holster?

This thread really needs some pics so here is my prod rig.

I was not happy with anything I have tried and I have tried them all. So I took the things I liked about each setup and made my own.

Safariland 014 hanger. USPSA Kit modified to fit the Stinger plate - For me the nicest most adjustable hanger.

Ghost Stinger kydex and plate - For me the nicest looking and best retention kydex.

An expensive way to go but now I am happy and comfortable. Did the same thing for my SS rig.

gsl4.jpg

gsl.jpg

gsl2.jpg

gsl3.jpg

I was looking at doing the same as I cannot get a Safariland holster to fit my Beretta 92A1 but I love the USPSA hanger..... How did you get the hanger to fit the hole pattern on the Ghost holster?

Just drilled an oblong hole in the bottom hole of the stainless bracket on my mill. Works like a charm!

I shoot a stock CZ75B

Black Scorpion Belt

DAA PDR Pro DOH holster- had to get the model for the SP-01 and tweek it with a heat gun to fit the 75B

5 Ghost 360 Mag pouches bullets out

single Bladetech tek-lok for barney mag

I am happy with the rig, going to the DOH and ghost pouches feels much smoother. My old rig was an Uncle mikes belt (non velcro with snap stringers to anchor to inner belt), Uncle Mikes Double mag pouches and a fobus holster. I have since donated these to a new shooter just starting out. They work well enough to get him into the game, he can upgrade later.

New to this sport so my rig is not good. ELS beltbelt, bladtech holster and pouches. Because it was all I knew. I guess the belt is the weak point, pouches are not bad but could use some adjustments capabilities. Holster needs a hanger.

I will switch to a DAA belt and racer pouches.