Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft hooked to air compressor?

n2agmba

Found a video of Michelle Viscusi (who is pretty easy on the eyes regardless of what she is doing, lol) shooting airsoft steel challenge and it appears her gun is connected to an air compressor through the magazine. Wow! This would be so helpful, if that is true. I have tried finding some info on this, but have been unable to find anything. I even spoke to the local airsoft gun store and he wasn't that helpful.

So, I thought I would throw it out here to see if anyone had any info.....anything would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

I don't have enough posts to link a video, but if you do a search on YouTube for "Michelle Viscusi shoots Air Soft Steel Challenge" you will find the video.

I have my airsoft gun hooked to an air compressor. Here is a link to TacTrainers who can do the conversion:

http://www.tactrainers.com/PRODUCTS_SERVICES.php

By the way, I have many of their metal airsoft targets and I love them. They are mentioned in another thread.

Checked out the website. I see that the compressor to magazine setup is offered but do not see the cost or information on ordering.

Can you help?

Thanks.

I emailed Tactrainers on this also after I bought a bunch of his targets. He said he could do most gas ones, but he wanted a picture of the bottom of the magazine to confirm the particular model I had could be done. He could do gas, but not CO2 conversion. You could just ask him at: sales@tactrainers.com and tell him what you are running. I didn't get to pricing yet.

I have my airsoft gun hooked to an air compressor. Here is a link to TacTrainers who can do the conversion:

http://www.tactrainers.com/PRODUCTS_SERVICES.php

By the way, I have many of their metal airsoft targets and I love them. They are mentioned in another thread.

Checked out the website. I see that the compressor to magazine setup is offered but do not see the cost or information on ordering.

Can you help?

Thanks.

This is what I got from them when I did my mag - "Mag conversion w/hi performance discharge gasket & 25' tubing complete - $70"

• 2 months later...

I had TacTrainers do a mag conversion and like it a lot. I set my compressor to 90 psi and can shoot for hours in the garage. No risk of explosion or smell.

How do you add the silicon oil? Or is it not needed with compressed air?

No you still need it. I spray the air hose connector every 3 mags.

For natech, are you running pistol? Im planning on doing one for my tokyo marui hi capa.

In my case I plan on getting a magazine for the Wei 5.1 Hi Capa converted.

I'm a little surprised that it takes 100 psi to run. I would have guessed closer to 25 psi.

Now to figure a fast way to load the BBs.

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, you need to spray silicon down the tubing at the air compressor end, i do it about every 200 - 300 rds.

I train with John at Tac Trainers every week with Airsoft it's really uped my game, I am at 70,000 BB's his targets are great i can't say enough about this type of training.

Edited by RGERBER875

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

How is everyone managing the air hose coming from the compressor to the gun/magazine? Do you let it trail down behind you or do you try to suspend it from the ceiling to keep it up off the floor and out father way?  Any tips on moving with the air hose? Thanks.