Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon World Shooting Championship - presented by the NRA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration is now open for the Trijicon World Shooting Championship. Visit link below.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e91xlbp517bfc4c9&llr=chaiuhjab

Hope to see you all there. Lots of money and prizes on the line.

This is the official registration invitation link for the Trijicon World Shooting Championship (WSC) presented by the NRA. This match is for the title “World’s Greatest Shooter” on September 10-13 2014. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS INVITATION TO OTHER SHOOTERS FOR REGISTRATION!

;)

• 1 month later...

It would be helpful if someone could explain the difference between the 'amateur' and 'pro' entries and prizes.

All it says in the official information is that amateurs won't be eligible for the match cash prizes and main prize table.

Do the amateurs get their own classification in the results? Do they have their own overall awards? What if someone has already entered when this amateur registration wasn't even mentioned and now wants to move from 'pro' to 'amateur'? Who would be classified as an 'amateur' anyway?

To me, a professional is anyone who makes a living from their sport. That certainly isn't me and if the amateur registration had been available originally, I might well have registered for it because I'm more likely to be competing with like-minded shooters of similar ability.

Because I'm coming from another country, I have had to pay for everything up front (entry, flights, accomodation, car rental) to make sure i can make the event and I only had the one option of paying $500 when I registered in March.

I have no misconceptions of winning anything at this match. For me, it's a shooting holiday and a chance to compete alongside shooters I've followed and admired for many years. But I'd rather end up somewhere in the middle of the amateur results than right at the bottom of the pro results!

I am with on an all your points...except...Only a couple of Pro's are making a living...shooting.

I work THREE jobs AND I shoot as much as I can (and that ain't much) and I am "considered" a Pro.

You should have the contact info (in the link given above) for more details on your desire to change from one to the other categories.

Hope we get a chance to chat at this Epic event...but I bet everyone is going to be a little busy!

I asked the question who it considered an Amateur on Facebook and its sounds like anyone else who wants to sign up an compete for the $25k amateur prize table versus the Pro prize table. They mentioned a WSB committee so perhaps there is a chance that someone could get bumped but it's not like the amateurs have to submit resumes like some of the Pro entries did.

Yes Invitees were asked for 500.00 to shoot, and after the fullness of time I decided that for that much dinero out lay I would rather control my own destiny a bit better than shooting the supplied guns. Too many variables, like when was the last time the F class rifle was cleaned, does it even like the ammo supplied? Its not my zero on guns, the shotguns done fit me....etc. I admire the thought of the match, but I doubt it will tell us who the best is more than telling us who was lucky enough to get the right combo of planets to align, or the right combo of loaner guns.

Edited by kurtm

Beyond that Kurt...I don't know if competitors will get even a sighter shot. Or have "they" planned for the left handed folks? Or the tall ones (that one always gets me with scopes set to

far back for me) You and I both know that given some time with even a left handed shotgun (cast on etc. we could shoot it as well any most anyone). But, it will be a test of...or the luck of...

to see how this brandy new event shakes out. I HAD to try this first event! Wish me luck amigo!

I am with on an all your points...except...Only a couple of Pro's are making a living...shooting.

I work THREE jobs AND I shoot as much as I can (and that ain't much) and I am "considered" a Pro.

You should have the contact info (in the link given above) for more details on your desire to change from one to the other categories.

Hope we get a chance to chat at this Epic event...but I bet everyone is going to be a little busy!

Like you, this was one event I really HAD to enter!

However, I've been concerned from the very first announcement about the lack of information and my gut feeling is that these 'Amateur' and 'Junior' categories have been created because entry numbers so far have been much lower than they expected and they don't want it to fail. Heck, I've invested a significamt amount of money in this myself, so I for one don't want it to fail!

I've participated in other sports where there's a 'pro' category and it's often the case that the 'pros' don't do it as a job, but are an established group of experienced participants who are at most events and generally do well. What I'm asking here is can we have the NRA's definition of 'pro' for this event so we can all decide whether we should be in that category or not?

I'm not actually decided whether I'd want to change to the amateur category anyway (if I'm allowed to) because it isn't clear enough yet what the differences are in terms of results, prizes, recognition etc. between the categories.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll have a great time regardless of what group I'm in or where I come in the results. I'm at a huge disadvantage in not being able to do any practise with pistols and I completely agree that a certain amount of luck is going to be involved when it comes to gun fit, familiarity and sight settings. I am trying very hard to tone down my competitive nature and tell myself this is just going to be a holiday and a great opportunity to shoot some guns I've never tried before and some simply can't shoot because of the laws I have to comply with in my country.

BUT... there's always that part of me which wants to do well and also see fair play, so all I'm asking is for the rules to be clarified and the details of awards, prizes and results to be published for all entry categories so i know what I'm going to be competing for. Is that fair?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok...I will try to help out here the best I can to answer some questions. I apologize for the lack of information however, I have the operations side of the match and did not want to cross into another lane...however I did, so information should become very clear and flow to the registered participants via email.

I have considered all size of shooters so all stocks on rifles should have adjustable stocks. The ones that I have actually seen do. I have not seen the Magnum Research 22 as of yet but once I do, I will post something.

Sights will vary from bead sight to all black sights to 3 dot night sights to variable powered optics. We have tried to place the applicable sights on the firearm for the applicable event.

For the Bianchi Mover, we will be using the FNS 9L with actual Bianchi Competition sights and tuned triggers....THESE WILL NOT GO ON THE PRIZE TABLE, Sorry Pat Kelley.

As for the comment about the ametuer and junior divisions, this was my suggestion at the start. It was not initially placed on the entry form and was later added upon my request to allow all levels of shooters an opportunity to expierence this great event.

There will be no holsters, slings or associated equipment that you need to get use to. Each stage designates a start position, some pointed at a ready cone, others firearm laying on the table and laying behind with the rifle on target. I tried to copy each discipline's information, scoring and such as best I could given several parameters such as ammo count and no other gear.

I am having the web site updated as I gather information. If you visit it now, you will see significant changes already. Match rules, stages and schedules should be posted within the next several days. Hotel information should be updated as well.

I am trying to do my best to provide you with a great event, that runs on schedule, fun to shoot and hopefully I have taken all the steps to make the event as fair as possible for all the competitors to ensure we truely crown a world champion.

I k now we are going to encounter some hurdles but remember no one a nd I mean no one has attempted this before.

Larry

Dang Larry! The FNS Comp Tuned Long Slide was my biggest reason for signing up!

If you are on the fence about shooting this event (especially as a amateur @ $275) you get to shoot a bunch of cool gear under actual match conditions for prizes (I believe random draw) All you have to do is show up with ear and eye pro and play!

If you have ever wanted to go to Media Day at Shot Show this is all that and more for much less cash!

Ok...I will try to help out here the best I can to answer some questions. I apologize for the lack of information however, I have the operations side of the match and did not want to cross into another lane...however I did, so information should become very clear and flow to the registered participants via email.

I have considered all size of shooters so all stocks on rifles should have adjustable stocks. The ones that I have actually seen do. I have not seen the Magnum Research 22 as of yet but once I do, I will post something.

Sights will vary from bead sight to all black sights to 3 dot night sights to variable powered optics. We have tried to place the applicable sights on the firearm for the applicable event.

For the Bianchi Mover, we will be using the FNS 9L with actual Bianchi Competition sights and tuned triggers....THESE WILL NOT GO ON THE PRIZE TABLE, Sorry Pat Kelley.

As for the comment about the ametuer and junior divisions, this was my suggestion at the start. It was not initially placed on the entry form and was later added upon my request to allow all levels of shooters an opportunity to expierence this great event.

There will be no holsters, slings or associated equipment that you need to get use to. Each stage designates a start position, some pointed at a ready cone, others firearm laying on the table and laying behind with the rifle on target. I tried to copy each discipline's information, scoring and such as best I could given several parameters such as ammo count and no other gear.

I am having the web site updated as I gather information. If you visit it now, you will see significant changes already. Match rules, stages and schedules should be posted within the next several days. Hotel information should be updated as well.

I am trying to do my best to provide you with a great event, that runs on schedule, fun to shoot and hopefully I have taken all the steps to make the event as fair as possible for all the competitors to ensure we truely crown a world champion.

I k now we are going to encounter some hurdles but remember no one a nd I mean no one has attempted this before.

Larry

Hi Larry,

The update is much appreciated. With only 6 weeks to go and having had to book and pay for flights, accomodation, entries, car rental etc. several months ago (as an overseas entry), I was frankly beginning to worry this may not even happen due to the lack of information available!

I appreciate there's a lot to organise but there are still important questions which remain unanswered...

Having registered originally and paid the $500 and then finding an amateur division was announced, there's still been no communication about whether some of us could move from Pro to Amateur if we feel that's where we should be.

The other question is how the prize tables are going to be distributed. Is this random as Patrick suggests?