Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy from VA

xxpalmer

HI all,

Ive been lurking for a while and finally got up the nerve to shoot my first match today. Stomach was in knots all day but still had a great day. I have a long way to go with little techniques, but Ive found a local club that was great about helping out the new guy. My nervousness got in the way of my shooting so hopefully I will grow past the nerves.

I shot all factory loads today and wasnt happy. being my first match I was hesitant to shoot my reloads but Im over that now that I see how matches go, with poppers and the energy to drop them and other stage features.

Thanks and looking forward to being more active now that Ive gotten my first match under my belt,

Chris

Go slow.

They probably told you that though...

As the new guy, no one cares how fast you shoot or how good your hits are, initially. Be safe. If you are unsafe you will not be received well.

If you are safe and receptive to assistance you will have more friendly help than you can probably stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry guys,

I shot production at the Fredericksburg match. The match is on Sunday, but they are trying something new this year and letting the setup crew volunteers shoot after the setup on Saturday. I volunteered to get comfortable with the club and meet some people, shooting on Saturday was just a bonus. Im a rookie by far, but I thought the match was well put together. Stages seemed to have a good mix of difficult shots and easier shots to keep it interesting.

Chris

It was late. I believe a little after 4. Much later than planned. We took a break between setup and shooting and I think we moved slower than anticipated, but it was a great day, even after enduring the wrath of the wife for being 3 hours longer than I told her.