Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeed issues with 40SW on Super 1050

Hello-

I've been using my 1050 for a while now to reload .223 and it has been working great.

Recently, I purchased a conversion kit to 40SW. I'm having a lot of trouble with cases feeding into the shell plate. They seem to get stuck on the rim of the shellplate if they don't go in perfectly straight.

Is anyone having a similar issue with 40SW or other pistol rounds?

When I bought my 1050, i had the same problem. The case feeding problems caused chaos through out the entire operation of the press. Many conversations with Dillion and the third shell plate they sent me worked. Good luck.

Another thing that can help is one of the aftermarket "reprofiled" casefeed cam plates. These feed the cases onto the shellplate a little slower. I will say that this will probably help more with taller, more wobbly rifle cases

Another thing that can help is one of the aftermarket "reprofiled" casefeed cam plates. These feed the cases onto the shellplate a little slower. I will say that this will probably help more with taller, more wobbly rifle cases

Yup

Hate to break wind in here.

But the Hornady small pistol plate worked like a champ

I'm guessing you are talking about the Casefeed Plate, whereas the OP is talking about the Shellplate.