Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

Was at a gun show today. Saw 2 tables full of all sorts of powder. Both pistol and rifle. Those tables did seem pretty busy most of the day. Took 4lbs of my favorite hunting rifle powder home today. I think of it as forward thinking. Not hoarding.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I JUST SCORED 12 LB N320!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where?!?

Who did you bribe or kill??

Powder Valley had it for sale for about 6 minutes. It took me 4 minutes to order it from my phone using this midget keyboard for people with boney skinny fingers!

I was running low on N320 last week. Now I am over 30lbs and I sold 5lbs to a buddy in need. You have to be diligent my friends.

Spill the beans...

Did you get lucky at PV too???

I probably refresh their page on my phone 100 times a day, and have yet to see any in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the time has come to bite the bullet (no pun intended lol) and start working up new loads for the only powder available to me now - Bullseye (and only cos a good friend has a surfeit of it and is willing to share)

Rang around every gunshop in the Sydney region and most powders are now gone (one shop has totally run out of every single pistol powder on their shelves, and with no transport company willing to go through the arduous storage requirements - the one which was previously transporting powder went bust due to the manager's gambling problems, or so i heard lol - it doesn't look likely that any powder will be moving anywhere in the State anytime soon.

No AP70 (well this has been gone for many months already lol) no AP50, WIN 231, Unique, N330 or N340.

So...Im asking if anyone has a vaguely approximate load for 135grRN moly-coated using Bullseye? I know 135 is the more 'unpopular' grain weight so not many manufacturers publish a load for it. Was previously using 3.5g AP70 for a 130PF.

Sorry to say I'm not one of those people that can sit in front of the pc every free minute I have. Other things to do(family, friends, work, yard work, garden) the list goes on! By the time I do get to sit at the PC, which btw Is most of the time around 8PM ,Everything has already been bought up!

I hear ya, hard work today, took my two young daughters with me and stopped at my LGS, found this on the shelves.

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

Didn't buy anything, I have the powder I need for now. Total time invested was about 1/2 hour.

Edited by RDA

Sorry to say I'm not one of those people that can sit in front of the pc every free minute I have. Other things to do(family, friends, work, yard work, garden) the list goes on! By the time I do get to sit at the PC, which btw Is most of the time around 8PM ,Everything has already been bought up!

I hear ya, hard work today, took my two young daughters with me and stopped at my LGS, found this on the shelves.

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

Didn't buy anything, I have the powder I need for now. Total time invested was about 1/2 hour.

All those bottles of Unique (AP70) /sigh

I don't think there would be hardly one single shop in the whole country which was stocked like that!

(back when we had stock lol)

Now that's disgusting....and is why this crap continues. $500 for 8lbs?!!!...everyone in that sale should be ashamed.

Why would you buy powder for $65 a pound, you can buy self defense ammo for that cost!

A pound of titegroup will load 2000 rounds of 147 gr 9mm.....

Can't buy that quantity for $65......

NE Ohio, I have mentioned it before.

They were heavy on Alliant and IMR product and some Hodgon (including Varget), just a little Winchester, and no Vihtavuori (I wish), no Accurate (possibly 2015) and no Ramshot. A lot of this will sell pretty quickly, some of the less desirable will last. Hopefully, they will get Winchester, Accurate and Ramshot in one of the next shipments, Vihtavuori too. The prices can be reasonable (CFE223 was something like $135 for eight pounds) or high (Reloader 15 was $32 for one pound) but at least they have some variety and quantity.

I just find the conspiracy nonsense silly. Powder is being produced, probably near max levels, but it doesn't always make it to the local stores, either being used by the big manufacturers, the boutique manufacturers, the on-line retailers, the small distributors, the intervening capitalists, etc., before they are quckly sold to all the reloaders who have likely increased in numbers (fairly significantly I bet due to some of the newer rounds and due to the frustration of getting affordable ammo for the most popular calibers. It would be interesting to see what Dillon, Hornady, RCBS, etc. press sales have done year-over-year the past ten years.

You guys slay me, you always see "pics or it didn't happen" and I post pics and the comments are "from what year" or "photoshopped".

:mellow:

I was met with "I don't have time to look on-line" or "I can't get to a store during store hours". I was called a liar earlier in this thread when I mentioned previously the various powders I have found yet I have helped other members on this forum get powder from the same locations, helped them layaway powder for them to pick up themselves or bought powder for them that they came and picked up from me.

Tough crowd...

:goof:

I think the more appropriate question is....................What year were those pictures taken? :roflol:

Photoshopped?

I doubt it. If it's the shop I am thinking of, fin feather and fur or something like that, it has always been well stocked except in the absolute toughest of times. During the last issue with the primer shortage I had somebody pick me up some there. One of these days I would like to visit the place!

I was running low on N320 last week. Now I am over 30lbs and I sold 5lbs to a buddy in need. You have to be diligent my friends.

Spill the beans...

Did you get lucky at PV too???

I probably refresh their page on my phone 100 times a day, and have yet to see any in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 lbs from a buddy, 12lbs from another, two back orders finally filled. I saw the pv powder online but I really didn't need anymore at that point.

I am good for 48k more 40 loads. That will cover me for 5 years or more.