JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alma,

I definitely will stop by, always nice to meet the people in person who find ways to empty my wallet.

Are you by chance shooting the local match out at Desert Sportsman's on Sunday are you? I couldn't pass up the chance to shoot outside in nice weather.

Unfortunately my flight doesn't get in until Sunday night. Bill Garland, one of the GMs on Team SIG, said that he might attend this match now that he knows about it.

I've read Bruce Gray of GGI is working on a drop in trigger kit for the P320.

Anyone know when this might hit the market? I bought a full size P320 9mm for Carry Optics, and I'm all set other than tweaking the trigger.

Alma,

Thanks for the update, it will be fun to watch with a larger group of shooters.

JGuns,

They seem to keep hinting at stuff being announced at SHOT show...we will have to wait and see. I am hoping a drop in kit is released as well. Shipping a firearm from Alaska to get work done gets very expensive. Here is to hoping for the best of news!

Edited by littlehendrick

Alma,

Thanks for the update, it will be fun to watch with a larger group of shooters.

JGuns,

They seem to keep hinting at stuff being announced at SHOT show...we will have to wait and see. I am hoping a drop in kit is released as well. Shipping a firearm from Alaska to get work done gets very expensive. Here is to hoping for the best of news!

Bruce is promising that the kits are coming. He has been buried under a pile of Legion triggers so I am not sure when they are coming.

You can always have a local FFL send via USPS. Another option is check it on the plane and arrange to get it to Bruce while at Shot. Either way definitely run him down and corner him about status of drop in kits.

That is definitely an option (flying down with it), but some folks keep hinting something awesome might be coming out at SHOT, so I haven't bought one yet. But I also have to weight the whole released at SHOT, but will get to distributors May possibility. Oh the decisions.

Bruce just mentioned on Facebook that the drop in trigger kit "will be revealed at Shot Show."

Now we just need a long slide, and maybe some new sights and Sig has stolen all my money.

It will be interesting to see if any news comes out about new rear sights that don't have to have the slide milled.

Edit*- I would be good with them just releasing a slide at SHOW, and being able to purchase it in April. Then We can shoot a "normal" FS in the mean time.

Edited by littlehendrick

I am not sure the long slide would be worth it since the FS barrel is already 4.7 in. Adding .3 inch or so wouldn't make much difference. I am more interested in the low mounted adjustable sights and an optic ready model. And perhaps a ported barrel and slide.

Craig

I think the current model would be perfected by selling a competition model that would have pre installed a GGI drop in trigger kit with fiber optic front and competition rear sight. That's it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the current model would be perfected by selling a competition model that would have pre installed a GGI drop in trigger kit with fiber optic front and competition rear sight. That's it.

Swap out the oversprung captured spring & guide rod with one of the solid ones using 1911 springs. It works nice for riding the knife edge of PF.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came with Medium.

I was reading Sig's information on the P320 and read that the circumference of the grip is different. Would you know what the different grips actually measure?

Somewhere around there is one of these for the P320 but I can'ts seem to locate it right now.

Here is one for the old style P250 grips. I am guessing it's similar still.

sigp250gripdimensions.jpg

Same frames... the 320 is recycled 250 parts. I got all excited that we had an extra 320 in the shop until I noticed the the hammer. In the 320's defense it is so much better then the 250. I have owned two of them now and they are great guns. I personally feel the the .45 is the best polymer .45 on the market. A fellow club member was doing a review on it for the NRA. He knew my distaste for the 200 series, and he baited me to try it. I fired 50 rounds through it. To rub it in he had me shoot the G41(Tricked out to boot) to compare with, which I might add the 320 whooped that butt cleanly. The Stock 320 has the cleanest trigger I have seen, there is hardly any slack. The balance of the gun is amazing, the slide weight counters the muzzle flip perfectly(it honestly feels like you are riding a wave). The grip they use is pretty good out of the box. I will eventually stipple my 9mm, but I am in no rush(seriously it is that good). Edited by Rangerdug

Any more word on the drop in trigger?

I did notice that Lena Miculek's two new guns have Bruce Gray's new-style trigger design in them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBiYCzqFS8b/

As for kits, last I heard from Bruce was March. I think he has been heads down on getting that stuff done because I haven't seen him on line lately.