Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320

JGus

Be careful with the P250 holsters. I've got a Bladetech P250 compact holster and my new P320 compact won't fit at all...its too tall (combined slide/dust cover dimensions). Thinking about it, it has to be the slide height as the grip modules are the same.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It could also be that the P320 doesn't have certain cuts in the slide that the P250 does, which for some holsters, if they're a fairly tight fit, would prevent a P320 from fitting in a P250 holster.

Anyone have a Full Large grip module on their P320? What's it like compared to say... 2011 vs 1911, glock small vs large frame, or CZ Tac Sport vs Sp-01? I feel like I need a bigger grip than Full Med... but just slightly.

Anyone have a Full Large grip module on their P320? What's it like compared to say... 2011 vs 1911, glock small vs large frame, or CZ Tac Sport vs Sp-01? I feel like I need a bigger grip than Full Med... but just slightly.

If you feel like you need a slightly larger grip than the medium then the Large is a safe bet. It's larger but not dramatically so. It's larger than a CZ SP01 grip. Closer to a CZ TS but with a bit more roundness overall. My TS is on loan so I can't compare the two side by side now. The large grip frame module also gives you a bit more material towards the back of the mag well in case you want to open that up for improved reloads.

Am I the only one that thinks it's crazy to send your gun off for a trigger job and only gain a 1.5# reduction. I really wish someone would come out with a drop in kit.

Honestly, I'd take smooth and crisp over straight trigger weight reduction any day.

There isn't much to improve so I just can't see myself sending mine off to clean it up.

Honestly, I'd take smooth and crisp over straight trigger weight reduction any day.

There isn't much to improve so I just can't see myself sending mine off to clean it up.

I agree. Its smooth when it needs to be, consistent, and as good as a production gun can be without dumping lots of cash on it to fix perceived problems that likely begin and end with the operator, not the equipment. When I video myself shooting it, the trigger movement, from shot to shot, is barely noticable, and the slide moves like a sewing machine. Little if no muzzle flip, and follow-thru is clean and stable. And that's shooting .357 Sig, my 9mm version is just silly smooth.

Am I the only one that thinks it's crazy to send your gun off for a trigger job and only gain a 1.5# reduction. I really wish someone would come out with a drop in kit.

Mine is 4lb lighter than stock. It's also a lot smoother.

What was done to it? That last post I read, a guy that sent his gun away only dropped around 1.5#.

They stock P320 trigger his some good characteristics that I think lead many to believe that it's much lighter out of the box than it actually is when you put it on a trigger pull gauge and pull straight back. My stock guns have pulled at seven and a half pounds. The one that I have that Bruce worked on pulls at three and a half pounds when pulled straight back but also feels considerably lighter. One of my teammates said his was about a pound lighter than mine. Other gun smiths do work on P320s but I haven't heard of any who can get the pull lighter. The 1.5lb comment could be assuming a straight stock 5lb trigger or could be after someone else has worked on it. I am not sure how he does it but it's not mushy like some other striker fired guns can be and he still uses the stock striker spring. In fact he has reported that his trigger work actually improves the ignition force (or whatever you call the force that hits the primer) over the stock set up. This last part has been a big deal for me since I originally left the Glock camp after I couldn't reliably ignite anything except Federal Primers on my G34.

Edited by alma

I had my 320 sent directly to Robert Burke so I will never know what the original trigger pull was. But it's great now. I don't have a trigger pull gauge so I can't measure it. Will find someone and post the trigger pull weight later. When the buzzer goes off it feels like 3# which is what I set my 1911's too. Sweet!

It's no 1911 trigger but is a very easy trigger to shoot. Only had my 320 a week and shot our local Pro Am with it yesterday. By the end of the match I was shooting times faster than with my beloved 1911/2011's.

And as Alma was speaking about striker force the 320 is a beast! ( I have a thread about this) . I'm having about a 2% (guess) rate on Winchester SPP's where the firing pin will slightly pierce the primer. Puts a big old dent in the primers. :) Light strikes not going to happen on this gun.

Never shot Production before and I'm excited to go down that road with the 320.

On a bother topic, does only one else feel that the 320 is one of the smoothest feeding guns?

Looking forward to drop in parts kits, and other sight options besides Dawson's being readily available. I like Springer's guiderod and base pads....

So, when is the 5.25" version with adjustable sights coming from Sig?

Looking forward to drop in parts kits, and other sight options besides Dawson's being readily available. I like Springer's guiderod and base pads....

So, when is the 5.25" version with adjustable sights coming from Sig?

I know drop in kits are being worked on. As of right now, TopGun Supply and Dawson's have sight options. There are a few basepad options out there, PA Enterprises (what I use), Springer, and Ben Stoeger Pro Shop.

No comment... Hopefully, soon?

So, out of curiosity, who all in this thread is shooting on the recently announced Sig team? I think I can figure out 1 or 2, just curious.

Would be interesting if there was a Sig contingency type program, as well....

Edited by sfinney

So, out of curiosity, who all in this thread is shooting on the recently announced Sig team?

I have a better question, how does one try out for it or who to contact about if that is even an option? Anyone from the St.Louis Area on the team or surrounding area?

So, out of curiosity, who all in this thread is shooting on the recently announced Sig team? I think I can figure out 1 or 2, just curious.

Would be interesting if there was a Sig contingency type program, as well....

Clay and I are on the team. A few others have chimed in here earlier (Tim being one I think) but I think it has mostly been Clay and I in this thread.

The contingency thing is a great idea.