Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01

RickyH

So take some of the slide stop or should I shorten the bullets? My oal is 1.142

A lot of the CZ's will drop the slide when you seat the mag, but if it's not grabbing a round it's an issue. I shoot 125 gr bear creek moly's (they have a short OAL) my OAL is 1.060".

I'm having this issue with my wife's SP01, the issue is that this routinely causes the next rounds to nose dive and fail to feed, the forum won't let me post the pictures yet.

I've got a new slide stop ordered to grind it down.

Edited by Ipsilateral

You may need to polish your slide. From the CZ forum..... Partial Feeds and Double Feeds – When chambering a round, the underside of the slide behind the breech face can drag on the next round at the top of the magazine. This can partially dislodge the next round from the magazine. The partially fed round may end up sitting with its nose at the bottom of the feed ramp and interfere with the extraction/ejection of the chambered round. In addition, the partially fed round can cause the magazine to hang if you attempt to drop the magazine. To alleviate these problems, the lower (leading) edge of breech face should be beveled and the underside of the slide behind the breech face should be polished. These modifications are shown in the following photograph (courtesy of eerw). The area to be beveled is shown in red and the area to be polished is shown in yellow.

Break%2520Breach%2520edge%2520%2526%2520

consider loading shorter. it may imrpove accuracy too (unless you've had your chamber reamed). have you pushed a projectile sitting in a case into your chamber to check the chamber length? at that long you may be touching the rifling. with certain types of projectiles feralshooter and I found personally loading as short as 1.070 imrpoved grouping. it's worth experimenting with I think.

• 4 weeks later...