Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5" or 6" for limited

jmcqueen

A bull barrel 6" gun will be very front end heavy IMHO.

Edited: My six inch, which is in both 9 and 40 (SVI with interchangeable breach face), is a bushing gun.

Edited by blu46and2

People get too caught up in limited gun weight. Look at some weights for open guns running a fully loaded 170mm mag. I don't hear anyone complaining about the heft and how poorly they transition. Run what you want. I love my 6" gun, it weighs 37oz without a mag.

Sounds like someone is going to use this in 3 gun...... Have two 6" bushing guns in 40 and two 5" bull guns in 40 and each has their strengths but in a 9mm I would go with a 5"

People get too caught up in limited gun weight. Look at some weights for open guns running a fully loaded 170mm mag. I don't hear anyone complaining about the heft and how poorly they transition. Run what you want. I love my 6" gun, it weighs 37oz without a mag.

It's not the total weight of the gun, it's the total weight of the reciprocating mass that matters with 9mm, especially in 9mm minor. The lighter the slide, the better. A 6" unlightened slide can feel very sluggish with 9mm minor. That is why I suggested a 5"...

Hello: Go with a 6" lightened slide and a bushing barrel. I have shot alot of Benny Hills 9mm "Fat Free" guns and they are great. The key is to get the slide lighter than a standard 5" slide. Also get the balance on the slide in the correct place. The one I built shoots very flat and is fun to shoot. The long sight radius also helps. Thanks, Eric

Damn 37oz .. your 6" is was on a diet ...

Mines 6" full dust cover, sight tracker and 40oz without a mag... I have both a 5" sight tracker and a 6" sight tracker... my 6" is more balance than my 5". But my 5" cycles fast than my 6" but is also nose heavy. I like running my 6" more but I switch back and forth for fun...

I shot a 6" lightened slide, etc, and a 5" full dust cover, bull barrel gun back to back yesterday. Not much difference in muzzle lift. The point of balance is certainly different. They feel different. You need to try both and decide for yourself.

Mine is a 6 inch which I like for the site radius. With a factory weight slide it almost felt like it wobbles around more and didn't feel right. It is now tritopped which removes weight all over and has gills in the front and a hipower cut to take the weight out if the nose. It feels very good now