Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

in the market for a new sti for limited

3djedi

Considering a hard chromed edge, a legend, or an Apeiro. I can't decide which way to go! Which would you choose and why?

Also looked at the executive but pretty much seems to be a hard chromed edge.........

Edited by 3djedi

If you just want a HC edge, I would just go ahead and get an executive. Similar cost. Apeiro is a beautiful gun but I'm not certain it is worth the extra money for me. Keep in mind for a couple hundred more than an Apeiro you could have Akai or Freedom Gunworks build you a limited gun. I am sending a private message with some good deals in it.

I sent an email to STi asking what the difference was between Edge and Executive besides the hard chrome. Here is the difference:

"The Executive only comes in 40, has a grey grip and stainless magwell."

I also really like the look of the Tactical 5.0 . Anybody know any differences between it and the edge besides the rail? If that could be as good as the Edge for limited I might go with it. maybe hard chromed!

I think the Aperio might be out of my budget so the Edge or Tactical 5.0

well hell. Dawson has his CRP hard chromed edge for $2340 and grab-a-gun has the APEIRO $2470. Only $130 more. What to do...what to do....lol

Edited by 3djedi

I should probably not get the Apeiro cause I dont even know what a sight tracker is! Lol

Front sight is on the barrel and not the slide, doesn't reciprocate. You end up with a lighter slide and a heavier barrel and some say it is easier to keep focused on the front sight.

If the apeiro had front slide serrations, I'd probably pick one up, I think a 1911 or 2011 looks naked without them.

Lol....I agree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I just got the Edge and love it. I am just trying to go back to regular sights from a red dot in open and finding it a little difficult. Some people don't like the long dust cover and say the gun is to heavy but I don't see it

The apeiro has some weight taken out of the slide for the barrel mounted sight, which should help with muzzle flip.

The legend has a nice look with the decorative flutes and cocking serrations.

If you have a little extra funds and can wait awhile, I would go with a custom build.

Go with the brazos edge. Then you get a deal on the 4 pack of tuned mags...

Jesus, $600 for 4 magazines! Ouch....... I wonder what the deal would be...$400?

Deal is $400 for 4. Steep? Maybe but let's run the number's.

Mag bodies $55

Base pads $32.49

Grams guts $16.90

Each you are looking at $104.39 just in parts. Deal or not?

I bought my STI eagle from brazos with the 140mm tuned mags. They run flawlessly and have never had problems. If you go by those values for parts and are already at $104.39, that doesn't include tuning to make sure they fit the gauge, max capacity, and run reliably. To me, that sounds like a deal.