Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are Salomon shoes so popular for shooters?

JPG

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a pair of their new Sense Ride shoes and I think they are well worth the cost. I wear them for everyday use but they are still plenty grippy for trails or whatever.

To me the insole is the best part. It feels like the harder I use them the better they support. Also love the way they lace up. 

• 4 weeks later...
On July 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM, adamge said:

There is a Speedcross 4 now?  Do tell.

I have a pair and they are great.  I have also had the Speedcross 3.  Cant tell much difference between them other than color design.  They don't come untied.  They are the only shoes I wear for range/competition.

• 6 months later...

Tried the solomons a couple of times, but they were not for me.then tried the asics trail shoes and a new Saucony trail models and really liked them both. So there some really good alternatives to the solomons.ymmv.

• 4 weeks later...

Speedcross for competition shooting and the XA pro 3d GTX for everything else.  They are comfortable, light, perform well and fit my feet well and are very comfortable.

I subscribed to Saloman's web site and its not uncommon to get 30% discount offers making them very affordable.

59 minutes ago, stick said:

Speedcross for competition shooting and the XA pro 3d GTX for everything else.  They are comfortable, light, perform well and fit my feet well and are very comfortable.

I subscribed to Saloman's web site and its not uncommon to get 30% discount offers making them very affordable.

30% got my attention! Great info!

• 4 weeks later...

Wife came across an online deal on Speed cross Pro for $75 and a pair of Solomon Ultra X low hikers. Took awhile to break in the Pro as they were narrow but now they are just unbelievable comfortable.

Both shoes have great grip, the Ultra X I wear about as much as the Speed cross Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance doesn't like how Salomons look, so I ended up with Adidas Terrex Agravics. I find them very light and comfortable, almost like cross training shoes mixed with trail shoes.

Just now, Steve RA said:

You should have just told her she didn't have to wear them.  Your setting a bad precedent.   :D

She let me put a down payment on an Atlas Open Gun so I will gladly wear the shoes she chooses :lol: